Skip to content

Baeloth immortal

In the Black Pits fight, Baeloth falls unconscious instead of dying, his circle becomes blue, and he continues to take damage but does not die. He continues to cast his spell protections periodically, and attempting to talk to him does nothing. (No error message, but no dialogue either.)

I've saved at this point, and sometimes when I reload, Baeloth will eventually stand back up again, though I can't tell what triggers it. At that point I can talk to him, and he will say his death dialogue (ending in "final enter- entertain...") and then stand there doing nothing but casting spell protections.

Presumably he should trigger his dialogue when he takes lethal damage, and then the fight should end.

Possible complications:
* I had cast "Polymorph Other" on his duergar ally and the squirrel was still wandering around. However, the presence of squirrels did not prevent previous fights from ending properly.
* My party leader had been killed earlier that fight, in a manner that removed her portrait. (Although the character whose name was always inserted in NPC dialogue was still alive.)

Comments

• sirhc1023sirhc1023 Member Posts: 2
    Same here. Mac version. I thought I had killed him, as he was lying on the ground. Kitty was still around so sorted that, but instead of progressing to whatever end sequence the game went into the loop you describe.

Am actually doing damage to him now, but he wont go down. His circle never changes to red, but he keeps casting his defensive spells. Also getting a lot of critical hit averted by helmet messages that seem to define the start end of the loop.
  • sirhc1023sirhc1023 Member Posts: 2
    Update. Played sequence again and this time when Baeloth went down did not "talk" to him (even though his body was displaying the blue circle). Instead killed kitty and then the correct sequence ran through to the end as it should.