Skip to content

Wear multiple protection items

As Baldur's Gate always did, EE does not permit equipping two magical items with same bonus, i.e. Leather Armor +1 and a Ring of Protection +1.

However it is possible in PnP with one catch - only the highest AC bonus applies.

Since there are many magical protection items with secondary effects(i.e. in the example above you might want to wear the ring just for the save bonus), I always felt that the BG approach was too restrictive and only resulted in inventory item juggling to find a combination that works.

BG2 Tweaks sort-of addressed this giving you the PnP option but it was a bit of a hack job. But since EE rewrites some of the code maybe it would be possible to do it properly this time.

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Multiple protection items are for wimps.

Taking things more seriously, I wonder if anybody too kinto consideration that things with said items probably looks like this because of a reason.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Well, Ioun stones preventing critical hits is also because of a reason. The question is if it's a good reason.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    actually vanilla bg1 didnt allow item stacking like that, infact in vanilla bg1 you couldnt wear your rings/cloaks with the ankheg armor and in ee you can now, of if anything it has become more lenient, maybe you had a mod for your bg1 game that allowed you to wear multiple items of that nature
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Personally I have tweaked the game to allow wearing armor + one prot. item. Mainly because I find the armor restrictions really annoying.