Skip to content

Black Pits? Not part of the Quest?

LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
Is Black Pits a stand alone game mode? It says in the description that you get to fully customize your party for the arena. Which leads me to believe it is completely separate from the actual game?

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Yes, it says so in the description - it's a standalone arena mode, unfortunately.
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    Okay, I just wanted to verify that. I wonder how items will work there? Do you get to choose what weapons and armor you use?
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    So we'll have PvP and Survival/other game modes added to it? :o
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    The Black Pits is separate because you get to design an entire party from scratch, ala Icewind Dale. You can export your BG party and import them into TBP if you so desire. There will also be more pre-made characters for you to choose from, including some familiar ones...

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited July 2012
    geselle said:

If one of them is called Abdel, I will have your heads, mark my words!

(Abdel) Adrian Monk, nice to meet you! /handshake /wash hand with alcohol

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Not to mention that by being a completely separate module, there are no game balance issues to worry about.
    Abdel actually shipped with TotSC as a premade character.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Exactly, and most of us don't want to see him again, Especially not as a new premade.
    What are you talking about? A seven foot tall, lecherous and morally bankrupt asshole doesn't float your boat?
    Nope, but thanks for asking.
    Lol, the books weren't THAT bad. I actually liked the Throne of Bhaal book quite a bit.
    Wow, easy boy I never said that. No wait, I wouldn't like that either.
    The Throne of Bhaal novel was written by a different author from the first two. The first two novels took liberties with the source material, and the third novel was forced to continue that trend.
  • SuccubusSuccubus Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2012
    There is a large empty space in the north east corner of the Baldur's Gate world map that could have been filled with interesting new areas and encounters. It's a pity they decided to invest resources into a completely detached arena module, instead.
    Succubus said:

There is a large empty space in the north east corner of the Baldur's Gate world map that could have been filled with interesting new areas and encounters. It's a pity they decided to invest resources into a completely detached arena module, instead.

They are still adding new quest content! No worries.
    Linkamus said:

You think they'll add new areas on the world map as DLC?
    Succubus said:

Linkamus said:

You think they'll add new areas on the world map as DLC?
    Honestly I hope not as DLC.

But look at the screenshots for the new characters you can pick up - those are obviously new areas.
    Only for 2 of them. Each gets a "New Area".