Skip to content

Keeper of Portals is Hostile - HELP!

Hey guys... I've been scouring the internet for an answer to my question, and haven't found one I like, which makes me feel I may have to start over.

Upon re-entering Candlekeep (or trying to) after doing the Baldur's Gate Quests for the Duke, I am instantly attacked by the Keeper of Portals. I keep reading that if you attack him, or do other things, he will turn hostile; however, I have never attacked him in my game as far as I know. Is there any way to kill him? If so, can I even still enter the city and complete the quest?

Please don't tell me to "start over". I started this game years ago when I was young, and got it on my iPad to reminisce. I haven't beaten the game yet, and don't want to start the whole game over because of something so stupid.

Any help is much appreciated... I am getting really into this game and if it turns out that there is nothing I can do but restart my game, I'll probably delete the game.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You need to edit your save game, connect it to pc via ifunbox and copy your save game into pc, use Shadowkeeper there to edit a global variable about the Keeper being hostile.

Or, if you have the pc version, drop your save game into pc save folder, load game on pc, be sure cheat keys are enabled. Use ctrl+y to insta kill the hostile keeper and use code CLUAConsole:CreateCreature('xxx') in cheat window, where xxx is the file name for the keeper of portals. This will spawn a non hostile keeper. Talk to him and enter Candlekeep, save your game, copy this new save game to save folder in your Ipad. (be sure that baldur.gam and baldur.sav files are all capslocked, like BALDUR.GAM and BALDUR.SAV) then you can load your game on Ipad and continue.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    did you try dire charming him? or mental domination or something of that calibre?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    The post by Lunar above pretty much has it for you. See the "Known Bugs" thread for a link to instructions about downloading a game from your iPad and modifying it with Shadowkeeper, (the post it'll link you to is around this one entitled something like "modifying your game")