Skip to content

Starting a new game!

mforwwmforww Member Posts: 78
edited August 2013 in Multiplayer
I want to start a new game, playing on Sundays only. Here's what I'm thinking:

1) No meta-gaming. Somebody should pick a Ranger or Thief or somebody who can scout ahead.

2) Minimal reloads. Unless the party gets wiped, we haul everyone to a cleric to get revived.

3) And I think this would be interesting, but let me know what you think: no skype use, just in-game chat to communicate. Could be fun and could lead to some roleplaying.

4) Oh, and if you're a total noob that's awesome. I'd love to have somebody who's never played through the game before lead the party

What do you guys think? Anyone in?
Post edited by mforww on

Comments

• xetatanxetatan Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2013
    i'm game
    but multiplayer is pretty boring without voice chat.
  • mforwwmforww Member Posts: 78
    Well I can do that if that's what people want to do. Oh... and I'm about to ninja edit my original post... I would really REALLY like to have a total noob lead the party to help avoid the mere temptation to meta game. It would be interesting for someone who doesn't know the game to call the shots. Obviously this is just an ideal though... with a game that's been out for over 10 years and which was re-released as an enhanced edition it might be tough to find somebody who's interested in playing the game who hasn't already played it through once
  • ibetheelmoibetheelmo Member Posts: 4
    I'd love to join, I'm still trying to figure out how to join a party with my ipad though.
  • xetatanxetatan Member Posts: 41

I'd love to join, I'm still trying to figure out how to join a party with my ipad though.

ibetheelmo, when most people host, they use a third-party program such as evolve/hamachi to create a virtual ip that players can connect to. i dont think really think an ipad can use hamachi and that's probably why you can't seem to join any games. Though i could be wrong about not being able to use hamachi on an ipad since i dont have one. People use these 3rd party programs because it saves alot of stress and tinkering with the internet settings and the modem for portforwarding.

You can try to portforward yourself and have people join you.

theres a guide here, refer to step 2
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15872/setting-up-bg-multiplayer-full-guide#latest

• BhodarBhodar Member Posts: 21
    still looking for an additional player?

Would love to join up for some MP fun