Skip to content

Suggestions for the Prologue

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
This discussion was created from comments split from: INDEX (Post Release): Gameplay (Part 2) and Sound.

Comments

• NoxgNoxg Member Posts: 2
    I've got some suggestion for the prologue of the game.

First : When attacked by the assassins, the journal update should occur as soon as the encounter starts instead of after the guy is dead. This way, if you spare him (Spook spell, knock down, or any other mean), the journal will update itself with the information about the attack.

Second : When ambushed, Gorion should cast a protective spell like Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Ghost armor or even invisibility on the protagonist. So, if the main character is not a warrior, it becomes plausible that he survive the two arrow shots made by one of the bandits.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I split this comment into its own thread; it'll get more visibility that way.

(Feel free to create threads as you need to for feature requests; this is definitely the place for them.)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Its two interesting ideas. I like the second one more though.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I like the second one also, that is a good plan. Could also help the idea he got overcome so easily. He was focusing a bit on protecting his ward.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    Always bothered me that when you turn on option in the .ini file called:
    'Game Options', 'HP Over Head', '1',
    After your "escape" and while Gorion is fighting (till the end of the fight), you can see hp of your charname, maybe if charname traveled a little further south and than stopped or turn off the "hp over head" during the fight
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    The two henchmen who shoot arrows at CHARNAME during the ambush don't drop any arrows.

Killing Fuller and/or the other Watcher in the Barracks doesn't make anyone else hostile, don't know how "legit" that is. Same with Firebead, though I guess he's now a much less popular target because he doesn't reappear in Beregost anymore.