Skip to content

Party continues attacking after target becomes non-hostile

RangerRogue39RangerRogue39 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I couldn't find this bug listed, so I'm reporting it. Sorry if its a repeat.

I first noticed this bug when dealing with the sirines on the coast below Candlekeep. A sirine cast Dire Charm on Branwen, so she attacked the party. After it wore off, she continued to attack the party, and they continued attacking her. This happens every time a Dire Charm is cast on a party member. Saving & reloading does seem to fix this portion of the bug.
The second time it happened was with Shar Teel. She challenged me & lost to Minsc, so joined the party. However, Minsc kept attacking after she joined & killed her before I could even pause.

The party should STOP attacking once Dire Charm wears off or the target becomes non-hostile/neutral.

[EDIT] Removed the issue from Tenya. Reasons below.
Post edited by RangerRogue39 on

Comments

• Morte50Morte50 Member Posts: 161
    I just recently had the same kind of issue with Tenya, I think this might be a different issue from the Dire Charm thing though. I was pelting her with an assortment of missile weaponry. What seemed to be happening was that she interupted the fight to talk and I said I'd help her, but immediately after the conversation ended a dart/arrow that was already underway connected and turned her hostile again. Could this have happened in your case as well?
  • RangerRogue39RangerRogue39 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    I figured out that the issue with Tenya was because the party kept attacking. That's not really a bug though. It happens because anyone & everyone will become hostile if you attack a friendly npc. It is a little irritating, but easy enough to manage with some planning. I got my main to attack & moved her right after the conversation so I wouldn't do more damage to Tenya.

I do plan on eventually turning off scripts & hunting sirines again to see if that fixes the dire charm bug.
    Post edited by RangerRogue39 on