Skip to content

BG Trilogy support

GuJiaXianGuJiaXian Member Posts: 6
Whenever I play through the BG games anymore, I always use the BG Trilogy mod for that seamless experience. The BG2 enhancements make BG1 much more enjoyable, and I like that there's no importing/exporting needed--I just create a character and play through the entire trilogy of games.

Now, it looks like BGEE does have the BG2 engine enhancements. However, unless I'm mistaken, it looks like it's strictly a "standalone" game; that is, I'll play through and beat BGEE, export my character, and then import him into BG2EE (or whatever). Is this correct? Will there be a BG2EE, and how will it tie in to BGEE?

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @GuJiaXian

There will be a BG2EE but there is no info if we'll be able to turn BGEE and BG2EE into some kind of BGTEE, like hte BGT mod does for BG1 and BG2.

Its a little thing, but I'd also like to see it happen.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I like it being a standalone game, but I feel the option for it to be seamless is required.

I don't use BGT but I believe in catering to as many people as possible in order for it to be successful.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Personally I would one day like to see them merged into one game, with a bit more time spent in the transitions (the BG2 ending is quite good, but the abrupt combat-ending of BG1 could definitely benefit from some closure and added playtime) and an integrated world map where you could still go back to areas from previous games if you wanted to.