Skip to content

Dorn Il-Khan

2»

Comments

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    edited July 2012
    @The_New_Romance same here. somehow he seems like it would be hard to mess him up or make him boring. lets wait and see... and i would not like the kind of evil like korgan (maniac) but more determined with his own philosophy.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @trinit
    Considering the quote they chose for him on his site page, it seems like he's going to be more anti-hero and less cleave-happy psycho.

Granted, I love Korgan, but you're right that Dorn needs to be a change of pace.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Uh, I wrote Korgan - he's BG2. I of course meant Kagain. He's one of my faves, but he's so eeeevil (and I never played Evil). Not as aggro as Korgan, but still. I'm sure Dorn won't be a psycho.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I played a mostly-evil party, but the one thing my PC never got to do was have a romance (because, well, Anomen). Should be interesting to see how Dorn's storyline progresses...
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Dorn, meet Edwin, the mage who will speak to you in a tone that wil sound nothing but condescending and Tiax, the soon to be ruler of the world... apparently. Enjoy your new friends.

I can't wait for an Evil play through with Dorn
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    Geez, you guys. C'mon. Gromnir and Dorn *can't* be half-brothers. We already know that Dorn's human half comes from his mother. And because Gromnir is a Bhaalspawn, his orcish parent had to have been *his* mother.
    At best I would think that they're cousins, or -- how about this -- Dorn is Gromnir's son? Hmm.
    While the relation between them is clear (unless, as someone else suggested, the surname "Il-Khan" is orcish for "Smith"), I don't think it makes good story sense for Dorn to turn out to be a Bhaalspawn himself. It makes the big reveal that Imoen is also somehow a Bhaalspawn that much less special in BG2.
    Unless Dorn ends up not being part of your playable posse through BG2-BG2x, and shows up in ToB to die sometime around the siege of Saradush. That might be interesting.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    Aranneas said:

We've never had experience with Bhaalspawn twins before, have we? There's nothing in canon to say that both come out tainted. Maybe all the murder gets drawn in by one twin.

consider also the possibility that Gromnir's mother coupled with more than one male and that one of them just happened to have been the Lord of Murder

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I'm really looking forward to Dorn. I'm pretty stoked you can romance him. Evil romances always have tended to be more interesting. (Viconia!) I'm glad I can play a female PC and get something other than Anomen for once. Yessss
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    What if Dorn turns out to be the one who swings both ways?
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @Delvarian Then I will have 2 super evil character play throughs, one as a guy, and one as a girl. :D
    @Sixheadeddog: I'm reasonably sure all three new characters have been confirmed as playable in BG2EE, so it certainly seems as though Dorn was designed at least in part on the assumption that you might take him to Saradush...
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited August 2012
    IchigoRXC said:

Dorn, meet Edwin, the mage who will speak to you in a tone that wil sound nothing but condescending and Tiax, the soon to be ruler of the world... apparently. Enjoy your new friends.

I can't wait for an Evil play through with Dorn

also in the party is Xzar the insane necromancer and a man who talks to his hamster. By the way, I think I'm the son of a dead god.

Want to join up, Dorn?
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Lol, if you put it that way, Baldur's Gate reeks of weirdos.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    He's the only one of new trio which location hasnt been revealed yet. Some random wilderness on screens... Bad, because I want to pick him up asap.
    Actually, now that I think about it, it's entirely possible that Dorn and Gromnir share the same human mother - she could have had Dorn with an Orc and Gromnir with Bhaal-in-the-form-of-an-Orc...
  • RyknRykn Member Posts: 30
    shawne said:

Actually, now that I think about it, it's entirely possible that Dorn and Gromnir share the same human mother - she could have had Dorn with an Orc and Gromnir with Bhaal-in-the-form-of-an-Orc...

Last I checked all of Bhaal's children are the race of their mother with Bhaal just contributing the divine essence. If I'm wrong you can cite any examples you want.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Rykn said:

shawne said:

Last I checked all of Bhaal's children are the race of their mother with Bhaal just contributing the divine essence. If I'm wrong you can cite any examples you want.
    If that's true, how would Gromnir come out a half-orc?
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556

Rykn said:

shawne said:

His mother was half-orc.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    Communard said:

Rykn said:

shawne said:

His mother was half-orc.
    seriously.
    how do we get haf-orc CHARNAMEs?
    HOW I SHOT WEB
    Rykn said:

Wasn't Yaga-Shura's mother human? You had to get her heart back so she'd help you take him down...
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Im pretty sure he was adopted by that crazy witch. Considering Fire Giant babies are bigger than humans...