Skip to content

Feature Request: Do Not Overwrite BG1 Item Data with BG2 Item Data

Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 419
edited August 2013 in Feature Requests
When transferring from BG1 to BG2, BG2 actually replaces item data from BG1 with different data. The fact that item data can be different or overridden by BG2 concerns me. I know it wont affect BG1 but it seems a shame to actually LOSE content by moving over to BG2 (I dont mean lose items. I mean data actually disappearing from the game files and being replaced with different data).

I see no reason to replace item data with different data when you can simply add a data entry to allow both items to exist in the game files. Especially when some of those items have no equivalent in BG2. Whether or not those items are accessible isn't important. The fact that they exist in the game data is. That way if someone does want to console a beloved item from bg1 into their inventory, the data actually exists to do.

One reason to do this is it would make any DLC mod that lets players play out events transitioning from BG1 to BG2 have more continuity and uniformity. Again there seems to be little reason to LOSE data in the transition between games and have it replaced with different data when you can have BOTH. It also increases the pool of items the devs can use as treasure in any new npc/quest content they add to bg2.
Post edited by Nic_Mercy on