Skip to content

NPC Names and Dialogues Replaced by Journal Entries and Random Dialogue Responses

CaldeganCaldegan Member Posts: 33
edited August 2013 in Original BG1 Bugs
The long title says it all. I've been playing Baldur's Gate I with no problems, and no bugs have really seemed to show themselves. Recently, however, I've been coming across NPCs who seem to have weird names and responses (cast Scry and take a look at the picture below).

In another example, when I was walking to Wyrm's Crossing, a Farmer approached me, but his name was "You said somethin'?". He said (and I am paraphrasing) “It seems my hunch was right about the deciphered writings on the ancient tome Duke Eltan gave me . . ." to which I had three response options, none relating to what he had said.

The installation I did went as follows (in this exact order, including mods):
1. BG I + BG I: TotSC
2. BG I: TotSC Bioware Official Patch 1.3.5512
3. Baldurdash BG1FixPack11 and BG1TOSCGameTextUpdate11
4. DudleyFix FixPacks #1, #2 and #3
5. BG1 Ease of Use

Any subsequent mods did not create this text glitch, as I started to experience it after these installations. I have re-installed them several times in the same order specified, and have had the same done on my other computer. However, on my other computer, these glitches are non-existent. Because of this, I am missing out on several sub-quests, NPC Reactions, and and am experiencing plot holes in the main quest. So, the question is just this: have any of you experienced this sort of glitch? If so, how did you resolve it? I have searched continuously for an answer but could not find one.