Skip to content

Athkatla after Spellhold

blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
Specifically, Athkatla's Graveyard District after Spellhold.

My current plan is to play the "no mortals allowed" party - Charname, Imoen, and possibly Sarevok in ToB. This means I will beeline for Spellhold ASAP. But I am also a completionist and would like to do the character-specific quests in BG2, one at a time.

And here is where Graveyard poses a problem, because it changes substantially after the Spellhold as Bodhi makes her last stand there. And the only way IE can change something "substantially" is to simply replace the entire area - which results in total annihilation of anything that was left there.

So I have two questions here:
- is the surface area of Graveyard replaced(read: are all the quests there still available after Spellhold)?
- are the "side tunnels" area related to Korgan's quest still accessible?

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    edited August 2013
    I think, and its been awhile so double check, but I think Bodhi's Quest takes place in that part of the district behind the door you can't open. You need the guy with the golem to smash it open. It is entirely probable that I'm remembering that wrong though.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    The surface area is basically unchanged, except you can only use Bodhi's entrance to the catacombs. All the quests are still available.

If you sided with Bodhi in Chapter 3, that means the large door is locked and you can't enter the greater part of the catacombs. And that also means you can't complete Korgan's and Edwin's quests, unless you cheat and use CluaConsole + cheat keys to move to the unavailable area.

If you sided with the Shadow Thieves, you should be able to gain access to all areas under the graveyard.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    edited August 2013
    Ctrl + J to teleport with the CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys() enabled.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Yeeeah I'd like to avoid cheating that blatant.

Thanks guts, if all you have to do is not to side with vampires then it's fine since I never do that anyway.