Skip to content

Candlekeep Catacomb Trap

Hi. My thief is obviously 100 find traps, 100 open locks. I just arrived at the Candlekeep Catacombs. First room to the left-down, the entrance is blocked by 3 traps. The first one I disarm easily. The second two traps I click to disarm, and they spring on me. One is magic missile, one is lightning bolt, for reference. I try potions of theivy-stuff that raises disarm traps...no success.

Why...why are these traps not being disarmed?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Might be a bug. Otherwise you might have to figure out exactly how close you can get to the trap before it triggers and work out a good position to disable it from. Sometimes the games pathfinding system doesn't always lead your character to the best position to disarm a trap from.
  • IronThroneOfBhaalIronThroneOfBhaal Member Posts: 24
    Oh man, thanks for the quick response @elminster. I played around for awhile and it was indeed a pathfinding problem. For anyone else who encounters this, what worked for me was starting from very far away and then clicking disarm trap on the second one (no problems with first trap). Then for the 3rd trap I walked around the edges of it and disarmed it from the other side.