Skip to content

BG2:EE

Is there any possibility that we will have an option to select the starting party in BG2:EE? Or if you import your character it will recognize the party you start with and adjust the intro? I know its been asked before but I would love to hear that the option was there. Another good bit of news today would be awesome :)

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    No... I'm quite sure they wont be allowed to change the fact that Imoen, Minsc , Jaheira and Yoshimo will be in the starting dungeon. Perhaps they'll add the new characters to the starter dungeon, though.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    According everything the devs have said, the beginning will be exactly like the old BG2. You import just your character stats and nothing else.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    Bercon said:

According everything the devs have said, the beginning will be exactly like the old BG2. You import just your character stats and nothing else.

Presumably the Golden Pantaloons, Helm of Balduran, and Mail of the Dead also will still be imported.

I wonder if the old 'cheat' -- the one that let you import additional items on your PC if you 'paused' whilst the screen was still dark at the very beginning of BG2 -- will be eliminated in BG2EE?

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Thrasymachus: The pause exploit has been eliminated. Can't say I mind too much since my main character is a Sorcerer - it's not like they can steal my magic. :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Yeah, no more pause-exploiting iirc. However, there are of course mods available (once they've been compatibility-updated) to alter things as you see fit. The BG2SoA Items Mod (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/18688-bg2soa-items-mod/) for instance brings back most of the useful BG1 items and places them either in Irenicus's dungeon or equipped on Mencar Pebblecrusher's party depending on your preference.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    Elendar said:

No... I'm quite sure they wont be allowed to change the fact that Imoen, Minsc , Jaheira and Yoshimo will be in the starting dungeon. Perhaps they'll add the new characters to the starter dungeon, though.

This made me think...I know this subject has been discussed in another thread, but perhaps Neera is somewhere in Irenicus' lab...maybe she's an earlier 'test' subject (?)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    shawne said:

@Thrasymachus: The pause exploit has been eliminated.

No boots of speed and venom dagger at the start of BG2 then. *sigh*

Probably for the best, overall. (I found BG2 quite easy this time.)