Skip to content

Too many spells for level 3

sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
The most spells you can ever have learned is 24, but yet there is 25 level 3 spells that you can learn, so either the spell book needs to change so you can know more than 24 ( don't know how hard coded the spell book is, which might limit that) or mayhaps change one of the spells to a different level? Because in my play throughs I like to learn every single spell I can :)

Comments

• zurathanzurathan Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2013
    hell yea. i want that too.
    i tried exact same and observed that one of the spell is unreachable via spellbook. it's in the spellbook but you cant memorise it. if you memorised it before you can cast it. i guess its UI limitation. not realm limitation.
    that really bothers me. game manual says after 19 inteligence there is no limit but there is.
    so many mods add spells in game but not spellbook UI.
    this also effects sorcerers spell choice. 25th spell is wraith form (ok not the best spell in game but it has its places), and it cant be picked at level 6. i mean you level up at 6 and UI asks your lvl3 spell choice and there is 24 of them, alphebetically last one is invisible. after that level up at 7 and there is again 24 choice for your second lvl3 spell.
    i dont mean that "wraithform is mandatory at level 6 sorcerers" or anything. but if you added some spells with a mod (like IWDification) and passed 24 limit for a level, some spells are unreachable without cheat.
    this is painfull for two group of people. 1-who dont know how to cheat, 2-addicted/sober cheaters like me.
    please fix this.
    Post edited by zurathan on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ah, completely forgot about sorcerers can choose any level 3 spell, I think wraithform can actually be pretty decent ( gives magic resistance and immune to normal weapons, great for fighter mages) but still, I agree, this should be fixed, it actually looks like you could squeeze 16 spells per page to a max of 32 instead of 12 spells per page to a max of 24
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yeah, I reported this bug a few months ago. I had reply from one of the dev team saying that eventually they'd fix it, but that it wasn't high priority.

Workaround for Mages: if you want to use Wraithform, unlearn one of the other spells and Wraithform becomes selectable again.

Workaround for Sorcerers: none, you're out of luck.
  • zurathanzurathan Member Posts: 53
    i think the carracter creation interface is upgradeble, adding a scroll for spell levels shouldnt be impossible..
    also you cant pick a memoriseble spell more than once at starting.
    i mean when you pick a cleric to create and for example it will be able to cast 3 lvl 1 divine spell, every time i wish it possible to pick all cure light wounds. i uselly dont use the others much in combat. every single time i had to reassign spells after caracter creation.
    i agree this all is litle issues, but there is space for improving the game. thx