Skip to content

Pre-purchase and use of the game

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
Well, just doing this post cos will be the frist time i brought in Beamdog site.

So i would like to share some doubts here and hope for answers if possible:

1° - Will be launched a box edition?

2° - Will be launched a collector edition?

3° - Is BeamDog client install the same as the steam?

3.1° (based on above)- if yes the previous question, can i buy the game intaller on only can i make online install?

In game doubts:

Any advice for the ingame saves as make a save before sarevok fight or else in the possible of a link plot betwen BG1/2 and a minimum plot left to be able to use that (so my frist games would reach BG2).

i believe it's all for now but surelly more doubts gonna appear in time :)!

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    1. Negotiations have been made but to no avail, currently any form of physical merchandise (including the disc) is not possible.

2. See above.

3. No, the Beamdog Client is their own program to aid in the installation process and is NOT associated or compatible with Steam. Alternatively you will be able to download BG:EE without their client.

3.1 You will be able to use the game offline and install on multiple systems.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited July 2012
    Ok lemme get it so, i can use the game offline but all instalations are made online throught the client, is that so?

If i don't have to keep online or just online once to piracy check, ok for me. Is that what happens, no @Ward?

Cos perma online game mode is an invite to crashs (internet speed, internet spikes...etc....)

Just a last question is the coupon on the pre-purchase a discount voucher? Just curious.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited July 2012
    I'm almost sure you will get a .exe file like on GoG.com. The Beamdog Client is only for downloading it from their website, again like GoG.com. I confused you by saying installation instead of download, sorry man.

Once you have the .exe then you can install it on any computer offline and use it offline.

Trent himself spoke of his disappointing time with Diablo III which has to be online to use, even single player games. What a catch! He has spoken of some form of DRM for BG:EE but only in relation to the Android copy.
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253