Skip to content

NPC's for BG2:EE

124»

Comments

• Edwin_OdesseironEdwin_Odesseiron Member Posts: 226
    Also, LiamEsler, take your power trip elsewhere. You cannot silence the truth.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

Hopefully BG3 will never, ever happen. Beamdog will ruin it if they ever get their hands on such a project. They are barely capable of REMAKING a game without problems, let alone creating one from scratch. Especially one with such a cult following and history. it is far too big a burden for their frail shoulders.

No, the only way BG3 would be made into something worthy is if the original Black Isle crew worked on it.

Besides, BGII: TOB wrapped the storyline up neatly. There is no need for a trilogy.

I respectfully disagree with the first part of your post. I really like BG:EE. And isn't a lot of the Overhaul team the same people who made BG and BG mods in the first place?

I do somewhat agree with your last point, regarding the story being wrapped up. I don't know where the heck the story could go and I don't like the idea of a BG game that doesn't involve CHARNAME.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Its not a question of "silencing the truth" as it is a question of enforcing forum rules and keeping things civil.
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    Also, thinking that your own opinion is "the truth" is (at the very least) ridiculous.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296

No, the only way BG3 would be made into something worthy is if the original Black Isle crew worked on it.

You'd think that on the baldursgate.com message boards, of all places, people would realize that Bioware made BG, not Black Isle.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    You maybe would like to take a bit easier @Edwin_Odesseiron, i know you have to roleplay your character, and for that i give a 10 to you, but in terms of healthy discussion you're at the point of be disapproved!
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited September 2013

Over-dramatic much? Seriously man, I don't think I've ever seen somebody get so worked up over someone's opinion on such a trivial topic (yes, trivial- we're talking about the arguable depth of characters from a 15 year old computer game, not debating gun control or armed intervention in foreign wars).

The topic just doesn't merit these growing levels of anger and self-righteousness - THAT'S why the mod is monitoring the thread, not to prevent you from bringing The Great Truth to the huddled masses.

Relax :)

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited September 2013

The problem between facts and opinions is that most people's "Facts" (or in this case 'Truth')are actually merely opinions.

My personal opinion is that Beamdog has just as much chance of making a good and faithful BG3 as any other team I could mention. And given the in depth knowledge of the engine and what works/doesn't work that they have because of the experience working on BG:EE and BG2:EE they are much more likely than most to come out with something that is at least mechanically similar to the previous games.

And on topic, I would like to see at least as many NPCs in BG2:EE (and of a similar class/alignment distribution as well) as we saw in BG:EE.

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    kamuizin said:

You maybe would like to take a bit easier @Edwin_Odesseiron, i know you have to roleplay your character, and for that i give a 10 to you, but in terms of healthy discussion you're at the point of be disapproved!

Apo͞logi̢eś. ̀My̢ f͡a̢mil͠ia̧r ̴doesn͞'t k͢no͟w ͜h͠i͟s ҉place.̧ I ͠s͜h͞a̕ll th̸r͠ow a̶ towel ̕o͟v̵e͟r̴ ̢m̨y̧ b͞ac͜kpa̷c̕k̵ ͡t҉o̶ ṕùt ̧him t̨o ̷s͡le̶ep͞ for ͟5̸ ròun͘d́s ̢as͘ p̸un͠is̨hm͟e͞nt.

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I haven't stated an opinion either way, nor will I. Thread silenced.
This discussion has been closed.