Skip to content

No banter happening on iPad after many hours of play...

I'm a veteran of the original PC Baldur's Gate, and so when I heard it was available on the iPad (from which I pretty much do everything on these days) I thought it would be a delightfully nostalgic waste of time. But I've played for many hours now, and I know who fights with who, and I know by now there's something wrong, because I've got a great party for banter and so far all that's happened is Jaheira making a couple one-line insults in Edwin's direction. There were actual conversations that popped up on a fairly regular basis when I played on the PC and I haven't seen a single one of them.

Anyone else have this problem? If this is standard for the app then that really takes half the fun out of it... if not all of the fun.

Comments

• keuunnykeuunny Member Posts: 15
    Are you sure you weren't playing a mod on pc? the original bg1 didn't have much banter at all
  • arvanaharvanah Member Posts: 6
    I know it had less than BG2 for sure, but I still remember there being some. Then again, considering it was 13yrs ago and my now-ex boyfriend had been the one to install it, he may very well have added a mod.

As an example to make sure, the whole thing with Edwin complimenting Imoen's fashion sense... is that canon? Trying to think of other specifics, but honestly I have forgotten most of them. Heck, maybe I AM just remembering how BG2 was.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You may have had bg1npc mod. In vanilla bg1 and bg:ee there are very few actual banters with dialogue box. NPCs will insult/compliment each other regularly, but actual dialogues are very rare.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @arvanah That's definitely BG1NPC. :)
  • arvanaharvanah Member Posts: 6
    Ok cool, thanks guys.

Really hoping BG2:EE piles on the banter, though I fear they may not. Specifically the interactions between a certain mage and a new NPC that are tragically lacking right now.