Skip to content

The time when your post was edited

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
edited June 2012 in Site Resources
What does you's folks think of this being added to your posts? Looks like it's a new forum feature as of today maybe. I'm used to seeing it on the Bioware fora, but I've never liked it because it's never been handy for me to know of others' posts, and, well, I do a lot of edits given grammar and spelling errors (particularly after typing on iPhone), so it just seems excessive to add to every post an obligatory, "Oh, I just changed it from Balder's to Baldur's, everyone!" It feels somewhat intrusive to publicize it that way. Plus I tend to edit so often that these apparently now bright alert-red trailers look like warning flags to everything I've said. OK, I admit it: I spell rong sometimes (though with a "w"). What's it to ya? Anyway maybe I'm overlooking something meaningful in the otherwise awkward post add-ons, so I thought I'd mention it... Cuz me and my brother Krumm don't like 'em :-P

Comments

• AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    Haven't seen a new forum that doesn't have that in a long time.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I actually use them as a tag to check the post again and see if more stuff was added.

Though, I don't care either way honestly.
  • BlackRazorBlackRazor Member Posts: 5
    Honestly don't like it. When I edit a post because of a grammar error etc... I would prefer my post would continue without that "red warning".
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @BlackRazor Yeah, kinda feels like a bad report card grade. "Well, sorry, you had a grammar mistake (which you corrected), so that'll be 1 bright red demerit... and you'll have to carry that around with you wherever you go, you grammar-corrector!" Almost like being penalized for being conscientious about the quality of the read one offers for others... The shame of it! *hides head*
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    I edit a lot and it doesn't really overly bother me. In these forums I can't really see a scenario where members might find it useful though, but it is useful on others. I'd simply make the colour less red, make it match the normal text colour.
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    edited June 2012
    It should look a bit less like you are being scolded now, but we will retain the edited notice so you can tell if what you replied to has changed since you posted.

Like this.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited June 2012
    @ScottBrooks
    Oh, nice! Yes, much less conspicuous and glaring that way. :-)