Skip to content

How will be the control ?

ZenForAllZenForAll Member Posts: 10
edited July 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
How will be the control ?
Hopefully not like on Never Winter 2
This control sucks

Comments

• WinnickWinnick Member Posts: 8
    It will be like Baldurs gate 2
  • starkostarko Member Posts: 7
    Will Windows version be touch optimized?
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    @ZenForAll how do you imagine controls like in NWN2 in a 2D game? It will remain the same as it was in BG2
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Yep, same as bg1, bg2 I suppose. No reasons to change that. 'Touch optimized', It was easy to play in bg1 with only le mouse, so I suppose that it will be.
  • starkostarko Member Posts: 7
    @Twilight_Fox
    As UX developer I assure you, that ability to do everything with just one mouse button has nothing in common with application beeing touch optimized.

I'm interested whether x86 Windows tablets will have same experience as iPads.
  • ZenForAllZenForAll Member Posts: 10
    powerfulally you are right it's 2D OK
  • Nero_BlackravenNero_Blackraven Member Posts: 1
    For sure if it for touch devices the controls can not be that complex. Probably a lot of hot bars but trust me I will probably only play it on pc.
  • taletotelltaletotell Member Posts: 74
    I have windows 8 beta and a touch screen computer. I hope it works sense I just bought it.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I don't think the Windows version has touch support like the iPad version does. Now if you have a touch screen compatible device with Windows 8 you may have additional controls over a Windows 7 touch capable device. You will still be controlling the game with the mouse though, just touching tomove instead of a true touch base interface.
  • sascha_m_bsascha_m_b Member Posts: 11
    Remembering how dragging was used to position characters when in formation and for group selection I doubt the controls will be much fun on a Windows 8 tablet or touch enabled PC, unless the interface optimization is brought to Windows as well. Then again, the tooltips that appear when you position the cursor, what about those? It's a shame I could not find any info on the forum or elsewhere about touch support being available at the time of release or in subsequent patches/DLCs. Kind of prevents me from buying the game :/