Skip to content

A couple of questions about Icewind Dale

MiridorMiridor Member Posts: 90
While waiting for the BG patch, I'm replaying the great Icewind Dale game. At the moment I'm a bit annoyed by two things, minor as they may be. It is the original game with CDs and all.

Firstly, whenever I open the game a popup tells me to register the game and there is no option to permanently forfeit the 'advantages' offered. Is there some way to bypass this?

Secondly, in-game my gnome thief/illusionist only has one quick weapon slot which means I constantly have to access the inventory to change from missile weapon to melee and back again. Is it possible to 'unlock' another slot through an editor or something like that?

Comments

• CrawleyCrawley Member Posts: 74
    I can answer the second question - you won't be able to edit it. IE games have limited space for buttons, so in case of multi-classes something has to be removed so something else can fill in. It wasn't until BG2 that each class (including multiclasses) received at least 2 weapons slots.

Since IWD is much like BG1, thief-mages etc are limited to one slot only.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Miridor said:

Firstly, whenever I open the game a popup tells me to register the game and there is no option to permanently forfeit the 'advantages' offered. Is there some way to bypass this?

I seem to remember that you should be able to insert 123 as code and it would stop nagging you. May very well be another game though...