Skip to content

XP and Item carry over from BGEE to BG2EE

Darek_DeathDarek_Death Member Posts: 56
edited April 2014 in Feature Requests
I have a two part request. I did a brief search for both requests like these and features for BG2EE and didn't find anything, I hope you wont be upset if I have missed something.

First; that just the XP, not the full character (there are stat adjustments between the games, no need to affect those), no change to the story or anything like that, but just the number of XP for those characters existing in BGEE that also exist in BG2EE get carried over to BG2EE when I import my game (not just party, but all characters XP). I know BGEE keeps track of everyones experience, because when I add someone back to my party after a long time they have the same amount of XP as before.
It would be a bonus if their class carried over too, for most characters the XP is enough but for example with Imoen I'm waiting till she's a level 10 Thief before I dualclass to a mage, I think at start of BG2 she's dualclassed at a level 7 Thief if I'm remembering correctly.
"What if someone doesn't dualclass her at all?" I know she needs to be a Mage in BG2 for the main plot, so if she is not dual classed when importing, it could just start the dualclass at the Thief level she was when importing (whether it be lower, the same, or higher than 7) would be my preference.

Transferring items over would also be nice, it doesn't really effect the story or anything. We worked hard to find those items for those people no one wants their items to just be thrown away (if they did, they would drop them on the ground). Even if someone left my party during the break from BG1 to BG2, why would they throw away the good equipment they gathered while adventuring with me? I don't have enough inventory space to carry everything over on my main character. I feel that its not fair to the player to lose all of their good-hard worked for-equipment.

Thank you for taking the time to read my request.

Edit:
Spells in Mage Spellbook too, as one would not want to go through the struggle of finding/buying and adding the spells to their mages spellbooks again (For the mages which exist in BG2EE, Imoen and Edwin as example); and it's not rational for a mage to throw away their spellbook containing many a advanced spell for a new one with only the most basic spells in them...
Post edited by Darek_Death on