Skip to content

Can a Dark Moon Monk work with Rasaad from a Role-Playing Perspective?

MonkLoverMonkLover Member Posts: 24
This thought has been bugging me for a while. What are your thoughts.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    There's always ways to explain these things. Keep in mind that characters are living breathing individuals with their own personalities and convictions; they're not just carbon copies of their class/race/alignment template. Not all drow are inherently evil, not all wizard slayers will murder any mage in sight no questions asked, not every Dark Moon monk is hell-bent on eradication of their Sun Soul brothers.

Doesn't mean they have to be friends, of course. It could just mean that they grudgingly tolerate each other despite their diverging beliefs, agreeing to cooperate for the sake of the party. Or something like that.
  • MonkLoverMonkLover Member Posts: 24

Doesn't mean they have to be friends, of course. It could just mean that they grudgingly tolerate each other despite their diverging beliefs, agreeing to cooperate for the sake of the party. Or something like that.

That was the idea I was going for. Thanks for the reply.
  • MonkLoverMonkLover Member Posts: 24
    Interesting answers. I guess I'll play as an open-minded DMM who'll see Rasaad as a tool to further his goals (but may see him as more later on). I appreciate all the thoughtful answers.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    If nothing else, there will be great Hate Sex.
  • williamlohwilliamloh Member Posts: 8
    Yes they can work together (for a period of time). There was a old movie called the tai chi master featuring Jet Li and another actor. They grew up in the shaolin temple since young and played and disobeyed their master / abbot. They were kicked out from shaolin and eventually one of them seeks power and authority from the army. While the other seeks the path of friendship and family....well watch it and you see how it goes from there
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    i guess they could go together for a time, but i just cannot see dark monk slaying his kin in rasaad's quest. Monks are lawful, they respect their duty and faith and their goddesses COMMAND war against each other.
    i have hard time seeing those two monk cooperating through all the BG,Totsc,Soa and Tob somehow finding middle ground all the time.

temporary alliance, yes. but it would most likely result in rasaad dying in first confrontation with shaar's church.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @MonkLover - I heard from @Dee, that the next patch should bring a change/small buff to the Dark Moon Monk kit...which could make them actually more interesting. I plan to roll one after the patch goes live.

If Rasaad and a DMM would work together? Ludicrously loaded question. While Rasaad probably would join hand with a DMM, because he is inherently good and believes that everyone has goodness in their hearts - an evil monk might be against Rasaad's quest to destroy/absolve the DMM sect.
    Depends on how you see evil.
    Let me explain about how I see evil - Some people have a zealous and near-sighted view upon Evil just like LG Paladins "ALL EVIL MUST DIE!". In their viewpoint, evil follows similar, stupid predicament, that "ALL GOOD MUST DIE!". Which, frankly speaking is one-dimensional and stupid. Alignments like this are called "Stupid Evil".
    To me, a Good nature is someone who tries to help others with all the power he's got. Neutral is indifferent and Evil looks after himself/herself. Thus - it is not really uncommon for Evil people to help others.
    Different reasons. Good publicity. Reward. They helped a friend, whom they like. Or the fact that they felt like it. Can Evil people feel love? Yes. But it will be probably shun aside if their own survival is at stake.
    The main difference being - a Good archmage catches a thief in his tower. Slap on the wrist and then throws him out and locks the door. An Evil archmage catches the thief and throws him out. Out the window so the thief will not attempt to do so again - thus ensuring the mage's safety.

My Evil Dark Moon Monk would work with Rasaad towards their goal - to solve the crisis and defeat Sarevok. He would also help him as a fellow monk and would maybe even help to fight the sect in BGEE (They attacked him as much as Rasaad. And they are not his sect, after all.) But he would question Rasaad beliefs at every turn.

(Sadly I am a man and I don't play female characters...would it be possible to pursue romance with Rasaad as a female DMM?)
    Think about it...naruto and sasuke...they both have different mindset. Latter was more towards neutral evil and the other was chaotic good in a way. They still managed to work together. Kinda of like charname and saravok...

Think about it...naruto and sasuke...they both have different mindset. Latter was more towards neutral evil and the other was chaotic good in a way. They still managed to work together. Kinda of like charname and saravok...

Typo...it should be sarevok instead of saravok lol
  • StylianosStylianos Member Posts: 3
    The funny thing will be to make a female dark monk of shar and romance rasaad, and after he loves you... you will reveal yourself HAHAHA :3