Skip to content

Suggestions for my party?

i know there are quite a few threads like this and i decided to share my own. i intend to go with three major party compositions through the game, they are as follows;

EVIL party

Swashbuckler/cleric, dualled at 10- PC (neutral evil)
Dorn
Korgan-sarevok in tob
Hexxat
Viconia
Edwin

NEUTRAL party

Blade- PC (true neutral)
Anomen
Dorn
Mazzy
Jan
Neera

GOOD party

Dragon disciple- PC (neutral good)
Rasaad
Keldorn
Jaheira
Imoen
Aerie

So, i would like to hear some thoughts, i'm mostly sure the evil party will remain unchanged, really looking forward to play all evil-full party. i'm not entirely sure about other two party compositions. Basically, i am looking to have all roles covered, but roleplaying aspect is much more important to me, that's why i'm basing them around PC's alignment.

that' why i would like to hear your thoughts, maybe i should mix it a bit more? would some other NPC fit better? is the party well rounded in roleplaying terms? maybe i should deliberately ignore some class to spice up gameplay? would some other class for PC fit better? suggestions and critique are welcome.

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @trinit - frankly saying ... for the Evil party - once you got Viconia, you don't need to dual-class yourself to a cleric. If you wanted to play an evil cleric, Priest of Talos is quite awesome kit. However, the CHARNAME's class is of course all up on you. Swashbucklers are awesome as well (like my LE MindFlayer Swashie :) )
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Southpaw i agree with you and i came to similar conclusion myself, i just find cleric/thief an interesting mix. because frankly, ANY class seems redundant to me with this party. they are just THAT GOOD (ironically) :P
    @trinit - agree. Though...Hexxat remains a joker card. We don't know what kind of Thief she is.
    Perhaps she is an Assassin and they don't get enough skillpoints to cover all the Thief skills until very high levels. (In that case - a Swashbuckler is great)
    @Southpaw i'm kind of counting on her being vanilla thief, there were some suggestions from devs she won't have any kit. but if she does, i agree that would be a reason to reconsider.
    Well, to be honest, I'd really welcome her to have some other high ability - for dualclassing options.
    People (and me included) have very much fun with dual-classing some human NPCs (Xzar, Shar-teel, Imoen to mention the most dual-classed ones...)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited September 2013
    Evil party seems fine as is; Dorn might not be a great fit for the Neutral party, though. Maybe take Jaheira instead and replace her with Minsc in the good party?

Also: will you be using Nalia or Yoshimo as Imoen's placeholder for the good party?
    @Southpaw like to that. it has been forever since i had a chance to meddle with NPC classes.

@shawne i will use yoshimo as a placeholder in the good party.

you might be right about dorn, but i wanted to have mixed influences in the party and also see how dorn would function if there is some conflict with the PC. if he refuses to cooperate in the end (which seems the most likely scenario), then jaheira will have to step in.

neutral party seems like it has potential for something interesting but is at the same time most problematic, not that many NPC's seem to fit together...