Skip to content

Trap Disarming Question

So my party is in Durlag's Tower and Imoen detects a trap over by an altar. She has a 100 in Find Traps so I send her to disarm the trap. I recieve a message that says 'Trap not disarmed' and she is charmed. Is there some kind of '1% chance of failure at all times' or something? Are there traps or locks that require a score over 100?

Comments

• LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    That trap, and that trap only, is not disarm-able.

You'll be fine for everything else in the tower.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    Whew. For a second there I thought I dual-classed my main character too early. I'm running a swashbuckler/fighter and I wanted to have the necessary thieving skills to get me through the trilogy. He's also at 100 find traps/open locks but he hasn't regained his swashbuckler levels yet.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    There are a few traps in both BG 1 and BG 2 that cannot be disarmed. If you can't disarm it with 100 in Find Traps, it's safe to assume you are dealing with one of those.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Yeah, 100 is the maximum threshold used (In BG1, 90 is all you need in BG2). If it still doesn't work, the trap has been flagged not-disarmable.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    Well, this will be my first time trying to complete Durlag's Tower, despite having TotSC before. Usually I'd go in and get the wisdom tome and forget about it but now I intend to finish it 100%. By this point I have done every area outside Baldur's Gate without going into the Naskel Mines (so I haven't been to Cloakwood or the Bandit camp yet). I also have not finished Ulgoth's Beard but I did do the ice island. I have my swashbuckler/fighter (who uses flails and hammers), Imoen (not dualed), Minsc, Ajantis, Dyanheir, and Neera. If I manage to regain my swashbuckler levels before I leave I'm going to exit long enough to ditch Imoen and pick up a cleric of some kind. I have my XP/level uncapped but from what I've heard I won't go too far beyond it. No other mods are installed.