Skip to content

Am i the only one bored with BG:EE atm?

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...I'm just trying to finish some of my runs that I have started, progressed and never finished.
    To have several characters ready to start in BG2EE. (So far it's Monk, Assassin and Swashbuckler as 'completed'. Fighter->Thief, DarkMoonMonk(after the patch) and perhaps my Priest of Talos->Mage named Lucifer are still unfinished)

but yeah...waiting for the patch and for BG1NPC project to be finished and released.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    kamuizin said:

Wow, apparently i really hurted Edwin feelings in Have your say on a popular topic a new begin.

A shame he was banned, he was pretty pretensious, agressive and offensive, but then that really resembled Edwin Odesserion to me and i always had the felt that he unconsciously roleplayed his avatar to the perfection (except for the brackets and assimilations to monkeys).

To be honest, even tough his role play was spot-on, his "wishing to bring Dynaheir back" was completely out-of-character. What a shame.
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191

I look forward to dayZ standalone and bf4 but BG- BG2 EE is always nice to come back too :D
  • Edwin_OdesseironEdwin_Odesseiron Member Posts: 226
    Southpaw said:

kamuizin said:

Wow, apparently i really hurted Edwin feelings in Have your say on a popular topic a new begin.

A shame he was banned, he was pretty pretensious, agressive and offensive, but then that really resembled Edwin Odesserion to me and i always had the felt that he unconsciously roleplayed his avatar to the perfection (except for the brackets and assimilations to monkeys).

To be honest, even tough his role play was spot-on, his "wishing to bring Dynaheir back" was completely out-of-character. What a shame.
    You obviously did not read the proposal. I did not want to bring Dynaheir back. I merely wanted another Wychlaran to combat.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

kamuizin said:

Well a shame, but let's move on :)!

You can stop your grieving, I've returned. (Yes, a ban is often nothing more than a momentary inconvenience for one such as I.)
    Hurra!! Edwin is back and the devs apparently improved his banters (he's using brackets now), just waiting for the simians assimilations to make the complet package now (but do this with care to avoid other bans).

By the way, @Dee, can you activate an @Edwina account for him? So everytime his main account get a ban he will be allowed in the forum only with the @Edwina account? That would work wonders!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I guess I should get the most dedicated fan award, I've completed bg1 more than 1000 times (wouldn't be surprised if I completed this game 2000 times), and bg2 probably at least 500+ (also wouldn't be surprised if I did 1000 times for SoA, but probably only 100 times for ToB), and even with bgee I have many many files waiting to battle sarevok, but when I play, I kind of play speed runish, and I think that is why I can play over and over again, I can do everything in the game in less than 14 hours, in fact one time, on one long weekend, I played the bg series mercilessly, and I started at level 1 in candlekeep and by the end of the long weekend, I was level 40 fighting for the throne of bhaal
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013
    edited out
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Let's try not to bully or antagonize anyone, people; this community is a welcoming environment, and I'd like to see it continue to be a welcoming environment.
  • BolekBolek Member Posts: 60
    Hmm... I see that a looot of depends on approach. If you can trurly teast the game like it was a delcious meal, then I can be really great. Moreover, OT: graphic, all these flashy stuff for kids is lowering ours sensitivity about true gaming.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I completed BG:EE a few months after release and haven't played it since. Like anything, it gets boring if you do it too much, particularly if you keep re-rolling and doing the same stuff (I restarted twice upon reaching Baldur's Gate city before finally going the whole way). In general though I don't have the same patience or enthusiasm for games as I did in the past, and completing BG:EE felt a bit like closure. I had a seamless run where I did everything I wanted to in the way I wanted to, there's not much reason to go back, although I obviously will at some point.
    it's a bit of funny actually, an BG2 game i can go straight through it the whole SoA and ToB saga multiple times, but when the matter is BG i really feel bored with even some few gameplays.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Dee said:

this community is a welcoming environment

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I'm another one who enjoys BG2 far more than BG1. It's pretty much the reason why I'm here.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    At the moment I'm slightly bored, but not playing for a couple of days will do the trick. Just preordered BG2:EE today and I think I'll have to finish this run before the release.
    RedGuard said:

I'm another one who enjoys BG2 far more than BG1. It's pretty much the reason why I'm here.

There's a sense of urge in BG2, as if every quest you take must be done quickly or dire consequences are going to happen. Of course almost any quest in BG2 can be done at any time, but this feeling kinda of surround the environment and make the player dive deeper in the game's atmosphere, anesthetizing the pass of time and involving the player for hours (or even days).
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    plus another reason why more people like bg2 is that it is way more structured, it has a very good lay out, and you feel that there is actually more interaction with your environment with that game, sometimes bg1 can seem quite over whelming and very spaced out at times, and I think that is why people like bg2 over bg1
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    BG1 has the open areas that matter little, which adds the 'exploration' feel, but is also a bit pointless. Anyway, I'm ambivalent about BG:EE right now, and am waiting for the patch before considering a playthrough. I may pre-order BG2:EE regardless, but haven't decided on that one yet.

So, yes, I'm a little bored with playing BG:EE. I'm not bored with BG:EE - and there is a difference.

So, yes, I'm a little bored with playing BG:EE. I'm not bored with BG:EE - and there is a difference.

I believe that not only myself but everyone here feel the same, it's just a game of words there. After all we're all here discussing and remembering the game.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I am bored with people complaining about the game, the patch updates, or the developers.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I am not necessary bored of BG:EE so much as frustrated with the entire series. I've been on a play through from Candlekeep all the way through the Throne of Bhaal. I have a decently powerful party (at least for me) and have defeated all challengers thus far. But I am trying to get to one of the Bhaalspawn and am just getting sick of the ludicrous difficulty and some of the really cheap strategies that the game is taken to in ramping up the difficulty.

Specifically, unlimited invisibility that can be cast while several party members have true seeing cast is just a trend breaker (and really cheap), and thus making defenses unremovable is just icing on the cake. Another thing that bothers me is gimicky deaths where you have to solve a certain puzzle before a given monster can die. And the fact that someone's idea of ramping up the difficulty is merely calling a monster 'Greater' and adding 18 hit dice to it, plus increasing damage, reducing saving throws and (more often than not) adding insane magic resistance is just cheap in my mind.

I encountered one particular monster who wasn't even a 'Boss' monster. After about 20 tries using different strategies and still getting my dignity handed to me, I eventually reduced the difficulty of the game down to Novice. Then I got my pride handed to me another 10 times until I finally just barely managed to edge him out. I am not a fabulous player, but come on.... Then, the very next monster I encounter is a 'Greater' something that only doesn't kill Korgan because he downs 5 Improved Healing potions.

Make the game difficulty grow as you progress? Absolutely. Cheat simply because you can't think of anything better to do? pass.

Thus endith the wine.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    I have about 5 play throughs going on at the moment. The one that's furthest along is in ToB, the next furthest along is in chapter 3 of SoA, and the rest are in BG1. BG is a game that actually requires some planning and concentration, so a lot of times I'm just too tired to play after work.
    mylegbig said:

I have about 5 play throughs going on at the moment...

If i do that i will make a disaster to myself, every time i make a new gameplaya i normally tend to forgot the previous one, after a while i don't remember where i was playing that gameplay, in which point of the game i am, how i was using the NPCs... in the end i tend to giveup the previous game plays if i make new ones.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

I am bored with people complaining about the game, the patch updates, or the developers.

I am bored with people bored with people complaining about the game, the patch updates, or the developers.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    edited September 2013
    Fredjo said:

I am bored with people bored with people complaining about the game, the patch updates, or the developers.
    I am bored with people bored with people bored with people complaining about the game, the patch updates, or the developers.

P.S.:Sorry everyone, couldn't resist doing it myself :D
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    Really, I finished this game like 20 times. Which is more than any other game... even DAO got me bored after 2 times.

I'm currently on a play-through with my wizard slayer, I'm going to go through with the same char imported from this save after the new patch with (hopefully) the bg1npc project when they're out.

After that I I'll import my char to the black pits and finish that and then push it into bg2EE. I always get attached to my protagonist and hate switching characters. (Even in mmo's I only play 1 character in any game).

For me it's all about pacing, play 5/6 hours on days off, avoid playing for short period of times because can't really immerse myself when I play for a short time.

Also, despite all the challenges I've seen here... I've never seen anyone mention to play the game without pausing. It sure makes the game a whole lot more intense, it definitely works for me.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013

Damn I was ninja'd by Deefje. :)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Ok, Porkins!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @elminster
    I am holding you presonally responsible for the development team spending the next seven hours watching Star Wars. :)
    Dee said:

@elminster
    I am holding you presonally responsible for the development team spending the next seven hours watching Star Wars. :)

This mean we will have Darth Vader as a new NPC in BG2:EE? Cos you know, that would be cool :)! Making BG2:EE a la Soul Calibur 4 XD!