Skip to content

Experience with ipad touch controls?

Hi, I don't have an ipad but a friend of mine does and I remember that he was complaining about controls and precision. Some times he missed the enemy when his characters where going to attack and instead of attacking it became a move. Same thing with containers etc.

How are your experiences?

Comments

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    This has gotten better after one of the patches. Scrolling, however, is still hideous when there are active elements in the scroll view.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    To be bluntly honest @Vintrastorm, it's not a perfect interface. It won't be: it's a touch interface on top of an existing PC / Mouse interface..there are just some things that are going to be REALLY hard to handle.

That said, supposedly there are some things being done to fix some of the interface problems (See http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/21543/drag-sometimes-cause-tap#latest), and there's at least some confirmation in that thread that things are being done to fix some of the more glaring issues.

The good news I want to make sure IS clear is there's nothing about the interface you won't get used to through playing it. You'll read many people throw around the words "unplayable" on these boards. I will simply leave it that it depends on your acceptance of problems and your ability to adapt. I'm currently on Chapter 7 (going through TotSC content now before beating the game) so I can assure you there's nothing about the interface that has hindered my ability to complete the game so far.

The best advice I can give you is to pause your game before trying to issue commands. If you want to make sure that you properly tap to attack a creature rather than walk near it, pause your game, tap the "attack" button, and then tap the creature. If the walk icons show up, do it again. If that fails, pinch to scroll in a bit and try again...I promise you'll get there. And by the time you're done with the first chapter or two all of the "qwerks" of the interface will be well known, you'll be working around them as if it were second nature to you, and you'll be able to enjoy the last 40+ hours of gameplay without worrying about the interface.