Skip to content

Happy b-day George R R Martin!

DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
Today is George R R Martins birthday, and I can see no more fitting way to honor this than to play multiple playthroughs of BGEE.
For my first playthrough I created a character named Nitram, I played him through chapter one then had him die a horrible death.
Second playthrough I've created a character named Nitram Jr. His stats are amazing and he powers easily through half the game. However after doing the Neera romance I have him die horribly.
Third playthrough I created Nitramina. She has played through two thirds of the game, and now I will stop playing and not return to her save for years. Thus insuring I cannot remember what the hell was going on with her.

So happy 65th b-Day George! Now finish writing the books already!!!

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    He's 65 already? His age and morbid obesity are not a good combo. :/
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Messi said:

He's 65 already? His age and morbid obesity are not a good combo. :/

I hope he gets a chance to finish the books.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    You guys said it, the first thing anybody thinks about and says about GRRM is "he has to finish these books before he effing dies"

So much so that:
    George R.R. Martin is not your bitch
    http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/entitlement-issues.html

"he has to finish these books before he effing dies"

The way you put that made me lol.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    lol You were nice, a lot of people are more demanding lol.

I hope he finishes the books as well! I loved the first 3 books they were great nicely focused books. I found the 4th was kinda "huh?". While imho, the 5th got it a bit more on track but didn't really accomplish a lot as far as moving the narrative along.
    I've only finished the first 2 so far. I have the first 4, and am waiting for the paperback version of the 5th one that comes out in a couple months.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I agree about the fourth book, kind of blah. Will be interesting to see what the show does when it gets there since half the main characters aren't in it.

I can't believe the paperback of the 5th isn't out yet.