Skip to content

BGEE Companions for Normal BG?

MukoraMukora Member Posts: 14
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hi all.

I was just wondering, if it's at all possible to add Neera, Dorn and Rashaad to normal BG1 (or Tutu, actually, since I don't think plain BG1 is supportive of mods) through mods? Because, nice as the enhanced edition is, I bought the GOG version of the original releases before knowing it was a thing, and half-regret it, since the new companions seem pretty cool.

And if it is possible, is it legal, or would the devs allow it? I'm guessing no.

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Mukora We'd really prefer if people didn't, yeah. BGEE has many more enhancements than just the NPCs, too. :)
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    That would most likely be a serious copyright violation on part of whomever creates the mod.
  • MukoraMukora Member Posts: 14
    I assumed as much.

And yeah, I know BGEE has more enhancements than just the companions, but they're really the only ones I care about- no offense, but I really don't like the changed interface, and don't really care about the bugfixes (at least, not enough to give up the BG1 NPC project)

So yeah. I may be the only person, but I'd honestly pay money just to have the new companions for non-enhanced BG1 and 2.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Mukora Hang tight and BG1NPC will be available for BGEE soon. :)