Skip to content

Could Xzar and Montaron have witnessed the fight between Bane and Torm?

Xzar and Montaron are Zhentarim so I'm assuming they come from near the Moonsea area. Bane and Torm fought outside Tantras, which is just a little south of that area.

I might way off here but it would be interesting to see, especially if it links in with why Xzar is a madhat :D

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Personally, I wouldn't really expect two first-level characters to survive witnessing that particular fight, but it is possible. And if they did, it does make sense that Xzar would have become... unhinged by the experience.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited September 2013
    Unlikely, but at the same time, very possible.

However the Zhentarim is a MASSIVE organization, with agents spread all over Faerun. Given his Chaotic Evil outlook (as opposed to the Typical Zhent of the period which is LN, LE, or NE due to Bane's LE personified outlook), Xzar likely joined under Cyric's rule (he was god of death at the time, so Necromancers were primary worshipers, and favored strife, where as Bane disliked chaotic elements since Tyrants love a well-oiled machine), and then converted to Xvim when the Ultimatum came down following Cyric going bat$%#^ insane, and losing Zhentil Keep, and the Death portfolio.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    *Could* they have witnessed it? Sure. Is there anything corroborating that assumption in the slightest within the game? Not to my knowledge. Pure speculation in my opinion, albeit an amusing one.