Skip to content

BG 2: EE should have FIVE NPC's...but it says four...(SPOILER!)

mightyboognishmightyboognish Member Posts: 20
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
"Four New Party Members - Bundled with the PC and Mac versions and available as DLC for iPad and Android, four new characters can join you on your journey. At the behest of his dark patron, Dorn Il-Khan plunders and defiles the Sword Coast. Hunted by Red Wizards, Neera the Wild Mage evades and disrupts the Thayans at every turn. Exercising his growing combat mastery, the monk Rasaad yn Bashir leaves his former allies to hunt the dark figure that corrupted his brother. A thief in service to a mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe. Recruit them, use their powers, and uncover over 30 new locations."

^from the BG2 main page.

What about Baeloth? Please don't introduce an awesome NPC then inexplicably remove him from the sequel! Is he going to be included? Can anyone on the team clarify on this matter?
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I think Baeloth is confirmed to not be a playable NPC in BG2EE.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Baeloth as a NPC was nothing but fanservice easter-egg. True story.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    he's "busy" (black pits 2)
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Everything we've heard on the subject he that he's busy with something else and will not be joining us. We will, presumably, get to see what he's busy with.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Someone will mod him in, I've full confidence.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I thought the reason they didn't talk about Black Pits 2 was because "Baeloth is busy at the time."

But there was no mention of him joining the group in BG2EE, So... I think his future is still unknown
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Arcalian said:

Someone will mod him in, I've full confidence.

I'm confident that this won't happen, because Baeloth will already be in the game, but in some other (non-joinable) capacity, so trying to make him joinable would probably screw it up. (I guess he'll probably turn out to be running Black Pits 2.)
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I wouldn't be surprised for him to be patched in later, the same way we got him in BGEE. But yeah, pretty sure he'll either be running Black Pits 2 or (Unlikely but my personal hope) will feature prominently in Ust Natha for the Bhaalspawn to run into.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Baeloth won't be making an appearance in BGII:EE. He's a little busy, as you'll soon find out!
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    If Baeloth made a cameo appearance in Ust Natha, that would be hilarious. Maybe he's running the fighting pit at the inn now?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Oh! That's interesting new information, @LiamEssler! So far as I'm aware, all that we've been told before is that Baeloth wouldn't be playable, not that he won't appear in BG2ee at all. I'll be very interested to see how he can be "busy" if he doesn't make any appearance ... well, we'll know soon enough.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Black Pits 2: Electric Boogaloo
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    He's such a ladies man. He's very busy.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited September 2013
    LiamEsler said:

Baeloth won't be making an appearance in BGII:EE. He's a little busy, as you'll soon find out!

Will i find it out during BG:EE normal game play or in the extra content as The Black Pits or other similar?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kamuizin Given the upcoming patch doesn't have any new content... :D
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Ops i meant it wrong, i mean in BG2:EE, will baeloth be meet there during the bhaalspawn saga or only in accessory contents like black pits 2?
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2013
    Adventure Y? :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Adventure Y: Baeloth's Quest
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    edited September 2013
    LiamEsler said:

@kamuizin Given the upcoming patch doesn't have any new content... :D

Is there any date set for upcoming patch? Or beta of it that was mentioned?
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @Torin Here is the latest instance of Dee saying they will announce the Open Beta one week before it starts.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

Adventure Y: Baeloth's Quest

Beholder Bhaalspawn