Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available
in the Beamdog store.
Biffing your mods for better performance
In preparation for the new patch, I made sure I could re-install and re-biff all my mods, since I'd previously succeeded via trial-and-error and wanted to make sure to avoid all the errors when the patch arrives. In case this is useful to anyone else, I've added my steps below.
I found that installing mods on the iPad can lead to poor performance, and some gameplay issues. Specifically, I found that sometimes single-tapping on a characters portrait can bring up the inventory screen (instead of just selecting the portrait) and that clicking on a spell can sometimes not work. After biffing all the mod files, I found that performance improved dramatically, and the issues were gone.
I assume that anyone who wants to use this is familiar with modding BGEE on a jailbroken iPad, and has a copy of the modded files on a computer.
1. Backup everything (especially: data folder, chitin.key file)
2. Download the generalized biffing mod (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/39238-generalized-biffing/
3. Apply the biffing mod on your modded copy of BGEE.
4. Open chitin.key using a text editor (like http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
) and do a find replace of the following: "DATA\" becomes "data/"
5. Using an iPad file browser (like http://www.i-funbox.com/
) copy the "data" folder and the "chitin.key" file to the appropriate locations in the Baldur's Gate app.
6. If BG is running on the iPad, make sure to force-quit it first to see the effects.