Skip to content

Ability to go back to Amn in TOB

I'm sure it's probably not likely, but one of the things that always makes me not want to finish SOA is that I know I won't be able to go back and get something I missed when I go on to TOB.

That's why I'm suggesting a map node on the end of the TOB map and SOA map that simply moves you to the others map selection screen.

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I usually restart once I get to TOB so that I can go back to Amn. I'm not a fan of TOB.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Oh, you can't just go back to Amn. Melissan won't let you.
    You. Must. Do. What. She. Says. Without. Question.

Unless the guys at Beamdog are planning on allowing some more freedom here (which is unlikely due to contract limitations), such a journey back is impossible plot-wise.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    There's a mod that adds a teleport spell that allows you to teleport back to any location you've visited at least once. Teleport is technically 5th level, but since it works without error (9th), they bumped it up to 7th as a balance.

If you played through SoA, it even retains those locations while playing ToB, but trying to access the world map from those areas crashes the game, so make sure you always teleport to a new area if you're revisiting Amn.

Only exceptions are it can't be used to return to the Underdark or Saguhin city, nor does it function while in Spellhold, SC/Underdark, Pocket-Plane, Saradush, or Watcher's Keep (all of which are warded vs teleportation, disrupt teleportation, or requires planar travel which Teleport doesn't do).
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Unfortunately it's not as simple as an additional button: SoA and ToB were built as separate games, and weren't designed to work in tandem. This idea would require a huge amount of revision in terms of scripting and plot/dialog to work, making it a relatively difficult feature to implement and probably not something we'll be looking into.