Skip to content

Will the upcoming patch for BG:EE affect your decision on buying BG2:EE?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. Will the upcoming patch for BG:EE affect your decision on buying BG2:EE?88 votes
    1. The patch for BG:EE is the only factor that will make me or make me not buy BG2:EE.
        3.41%
    2. The patch for BG:EE will be the most important factor for me on that decision.
      11.36%
    3. The patch for BG:EE is just one factor among many more equally important factors for me on that decision.
      13.64%
    4. The patch for BG:EE is only of minor significance to me in regard to that decision.
        9.09%
    5. The patch for BG:EE will play no role at all in my decision on buying or not buying BG2:EE.
      46.59%
    6. other
        3.41%
    7. Show me the results (non-vote option)
      12.50%

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    While I've already pre-ordered, my decision to do so wasn't based on the patch's release (or non-release). The way I framed it was that the patch was a legal issue beyond Beamdog's control.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    The patch is a fairly important factor for me, primarily because of Intel graphics issues. BG:EE doesn't run well on my laptop and I'm reluctant to buy BG2:EE if I have reason to believe I'll have the same problem. If I can see evidence that the devs can solve this issue, I'll buy BG2:EE, no doubt, but otherwise I'm left in an awkward situation: I would really, really like to preorder the game if only to show my support for the work they are doing on bringing a great game back into modern awareness, but assuming BG2:EE runs on the same engine with similar graphics issues I'd be a fool to buy it until BG:EE actually works properly for me!
  • lamaroslamaros Member Posts: 139
    Yes. Because why pay for something that may not work properly without having confidence in the developer's ability to fix it?

Original BG2 + Mods works just fine, I'm only paying a premium if it, you know, works properly and has added value.
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    I'd love to see a list of fixes, really)
    But it doesn't matter anyway, I'll buy this game for sure (may be even pre-order it to get a nice and shiny badge).
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited September 2013
    I don't think I will buy BG2:EE until I'm fully satisfied with BG:EE. The patch is only one of the factors weighting in my decision and not the most important.

The main factor is the availability of mods for BG:EE. In particular, I'm referring to old mods for BGtutu/BGT not yet updated.

In the meantime I will keep playing with BGTutu (despite having pre-ordered BG:EE) and BG2. Actually, I've not used BG:EE, except that for testing purpose, since February.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Erg Talk to the mod authors or maintainers to get mods updated. :) What mods are you referring to, specifically?
    edited September 2013
    LiamEsler said:

@Erg Talk to the mod authors or maintainers to get mods updated. :) What mods are you referring to, specifically?

BG1 NPCs Project (but you are already taking care of that, many thanks)
    Level 1 NPCs (by far my favourite mod, but as you know, it's going to be problematic given the complexity)
    BG1 Unfinished Business
    All NPCs mods (Finch, Murneth, Indira, Gavin, etc.)

The above are the more important to me, but it wouldn't hurt to have also others like Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters, The Lure of the Sirine's Call, Xan's friendship path, Coran's friendship pack, etc.

I'm sure I'm missing quite a few too :)
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Curious: How are those mods relevant to bg2ee? @Erg
    edited September 2013

Curious: How are those mods relevant to bg2ee? @Erg

@Aristillius

I guess I could play, in theory, BGTutu+BG2:EE. I don't know if it is even possible to import a tutu CHARNAME in BG2:EE, but I can always simply recreate it with NI.

Nevertheless I don't see why should I do that.

No, I will simply wait for those mods to be ready for BG:EE or for equivalent/better mods to be created specifically for BG:EE. By that time, hopefully, BG2:EE will have been further improved too and there will be much more community mods (updated old ones and entirely new ones) for both BG:EE and BG2:EE

I think the enhanced version of the games to have a lot of potential, but that it will require several years to fully capitalise on that.

I'm a patient guy, I can wait. In the meantime BGTutu+BG2 will provide to all my needs.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I will wait for the game to be released until I make any decision.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I think the effects of the patch will have a very real impact on whether or not I buy BG2:EE - the devs have been talking it up and praising it for over half a year. If it causes more problems than it solves, I'll have a hard time trusting Beamdog's ability to maintain a much larger game like BG2.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Only reason I haven't pre-ordered yet is a few money issues but those will be sorted soon.

Only if the patch is a collossal fuckup that ruins everyone game will my intention to get BG2:EE change. But it won't be so eh.
  • I pre-ordered and only time stops me from playing gamet ATM. Patches have no influence
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I pre-order both of BG-EE and BG2-EE already , but I still wait version 1.2 patch to judge how well Overhaul can do for this game