Skip to content

General Thanks

Not sure where the best place to put this is, but since it's not a specific thing, I'm posting here for general purposes.

Thank you. All of you. You have brought back a game that I was afraid I'd never be able to play due to the technology differences, and I look forward to BGII.

I'd also like especially to thank Dee, whose response, and calm understanding, when I reported a problem that turned out to be most likely a Windows memory issue rather than an issue with the game, reminded me of why I vastly prefer to purchase things that are created and supported by people who love who love what they're doing. You can be sure I'll be eagerly waiting in line for the release of BGII ... and will be testing my computer for Windows problems BEFORE I report game problems this time.

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    We love our Dee. He is the best Dee.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I'd like to offer some Major Gratitude alongside his General Thanks to the team for putting up with a ton of complaints (valid or otherwise), constant whining for more information (valid or otherwise) and not snapping at the permanent gamer equivalent of "are we there yet?".

/Salute
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    Thanks can't be said enough in my opinion. If not for BGEE, I might never have completed a playthrough of the beginning of the series. I now look forward to finally seeing how the series ended (since I only completed BG2 without Throne of Bhall).
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    I like to thank the BGEE team and anyone else involved with them who revived the greatest RPG I've ever played in my life. Before I heard about BGEE, I was planning on getting the original editions, but somehow I couldn't motivate myself, especially since I heard that BG3 was canceled years ago, it really killed my motivation. But now, thanks to BGEE and the possibility of there being a BG3 sometime in the near future after BG2EE is released, I have found the motivation to play this awesome game. The game also motivated me to write a fanfiction based on it with my original character as the protagonist. The game's story and characters are so interesting to me, as a hobbyist writer, I just wanted to expand on them.

I can't wait for BG2EE so I can get started on the BG2EE fanfic. This game has such a major impact on my creativity as a writer, I can't stop thinking about BG2EE, or anything else Dungeons & Dragons related, I find myself researching all the towns, villages, cities and regions of Faerun in my free time, even major characters like Drizzt, Khelben Blackstaff, Cadderly, etc. I'm addicted to D&D like a drug now, and I don't want to go to rehab anytime soon.

• badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238

Not sure where the best place to put this is, but since it's not a specific thing, I'm posting here for general purposes.

Thank you. All of you. You have brought back a game that I was afraid I'd never be able to play due to the technology differences, and I look forward to BGII.

I'd also like especially to thank Dee, whose response, and calm understanding, when I reported a problem that turned out to be most likely a Windows memory issue rather than an issue with the game, reminded me of why I vastly prefer to purchase things that are created and supported by people who love who love what they're doing. You can be sure I'll be eagerly waiting in line for the release of BGII ... and will be testing my computer for Windows problems BEFORE I report game problems this time.

<3

• ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125

I quadruple that!