Skip to content

weird bug in BG2 -- cult of the eyeless quest

so i was doing the CotE quest and finally assembled the rift device but was killed instantly by the Unseeing Eye. so i reloaded, retrieved the second piece again, then quick-saved and was killed again.

so i reloaded my quick-save and now the Unseeing Eye won't appear .. i've tried wandering around the map, sleeping etc., but to no avail. my back-up save is from before i descended, so i'd rather not do the whole thing over again, and when i tried to talk to Sassar he still remarks that I need to kill the monster.

is there anyway I can bypass the quest and obtain the reward (possibly with cheats)?

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Not without risking to mess up your game further. Infinity engine games are notorious for weird bugs like this and tampering with them usually just makes things worse.. You probably need to re-do it all.

It doesn't take that long though..
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    i had this happen, as well...the issue (i think) is assembling and then saving...try saving before you assemble your new toy
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    you probably just need to activate the right global CLUA, I'm sure someone will come along who knows what it is
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    This happened too me too. Just attack the leader of the unseeing eye in the bottom room of their hideout. I forget his name. It will spawn when =you do that
  • doctordogdoctordog Member Posts: 44
    which room? do you mean the big circling pit with all the cultists?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    look for a guy named Gaal, and yes, he is in the area with the circling pit, and make sure you have more than 60 HP because the beholder uses power word kill, and that means dead character if you have 60 HP or less, to make killing the beholder easier, this is how you do it:
    wait for the beholder to buff itself up, and the first spell it usually casts is power word stun ( automatically stunned if you have 90HP or less), in the middle of his casting, use the rift device on him and it will dispel his shields, then have a warrior type class go up to him and swing at him, if you hit ( which should happen) more than likely it will fall in one strike, and then boom he is slain
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    oh, and after you defeat the beholder, make sure to go back to the underground temple with your depleted rift device, its well worth it :)