Skip to content

Modding and Enhanced Editions

TasrayaTasraya Member Posts: 15
If I'm in the wrong place with this question, you have my apologies! I did glance through the stickied tutorial topic, as well as how to get older mods to work with BG:EE. My question, however, is this: Are there any special caveats to writing a mod for the Enhanced Edition games? I've loved the Baldur's Gate games for years, and in times past, I'd toyed around with writing a mod of my own. With the Enhanced Edition for BG2 coming out not too far in the future, my ideas about modding have been reasserting themselves.

I'm at least somewhat familiar with WeiDU code, so I do know the basics of getting myself started, but are there any particular things of which to be aware when thinking about modding specifically for Enhanced Edition games? If I'd be better off asking this sort of question elsewhere, please forgive me!

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    well one thing you'll notice is a lot of the area names are different between BGT, BGEE and TuTu. Also you may run into a few of the actors having different names in the different versions. Certain NPCs have different values for their names in BGEE.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    While these are far from comprehensive, I've run down a list of engine differences over in the IESDP forum. And though it's not directly related, the how-to on mod conversion should also highlight some differences.
  • TasrayaTasraya Member Posts: 15
    I'll look into those threads. Thank you!