Skip to content

Request: Improve mage spell learning UI. Make "write magic" contextual, etc

taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
Learning spells with mages is extremely tedious process, especially if you have multiple mages in the party, there are a bunch of improvements that will make it significantly less of a bother:

1. Write magic button when examining a scroll should be contextual. It should show "write magic" ONLY if I can actually write it to my book, if I already know it then it should say "spell known" and not be a button. If there is another reason why I can't scribe it (ex: maxed out spellbook) then it should say so instead.
2. When examining a scroll in detail (right click it), it should show the known/unknown status for all 6 party members, not only the one who is holding it (or the one currently speaking to a merchant)
3. In inventory overview, there needs to be some way to quickly distinguish which scrolls are can be written by OTHER party members. For example, if charname is holding a scroll of flaming hands, and it can be written into the spellbook of danehier, imoen (dual classed), etc then it should somehow be visible at a glance in the main inventory screen
4. When looking at a shop/scroll case, it should be possible to filter it for scrolls that can be scribed by selected character, or scrolls that can be scribed by any party member.

Comments

• LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    It's not tedious because I scribe scrolls in the middle of combat! JUST KIDDING your idea is a great one, but wont you miss those annoying sound effects when you try to scribe a scroll you already know?