Skip to content

Creation Toolset

IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
I think any games could benefit greatly in having a good toolset (with good GUI also, maybe?). I don't know how this works or done exactly for Baldur's Gate engine so I'm not sure...but I'm tossing my opinion here nonetheless. I'm fond of how Skyrim has freely given the powerful Creation Kit Toolset for everyone to use, or Aurora Toolset IIRC for Neverwinter Nights.

Comments

• theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    Completely agree, a toolset or something similar for Baldur's Gate (or any Infinity Engine game) would be fabulous. I wish a Dev would confirm or deny the possibility of one, just so I know whether to be hopeful or not.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    I think this would be a great addition.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Deep in my heart I hope that i´m wrong but they said there is no such new tool.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I don't really know how they could make one. Do they rip apart different graphics from the backgrounds like rocks and trees and make them placeables?

From what I've seen in custom made areas using pre existing graphics, it won't work out too well.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

Deep in my heart I hope that i´m wrong but they said there is no such new tool.

Why would it be bad if they used only old tools?
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    nothing bad about it at all. I can only speak for myself and the tools you all have provided (which is phenomenal compared to the nothing you had to deal with at start) are just not my kind of thing. But i´m to busy right now anyway to realy get into deep.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    With DLTCEP, Near Inf & Weidu, we can edit any type of file for IE games, what do you want more ?...

Useless request.
  • jcomptonjcompton Member Posts: 157
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/51709/#Comment_51709

Please tell all of your friends and neighbors to read that Overdog post so that we, as a society, can move on.