Skip to content

[Not An Issue] Immune to damage message

dibdib Member Posts: 384
edited September 2013 in Not An Issue
EDIT: Seems like the cause was a lowered difficulty setting.

I was fighting some FF dudes and noticed that when one of my guys got hit by a Magic Missile he got some damage but he resisted one of the missiles and a "...immune to my damage" message showed up. I actually noticed it once before when the same guy (MP PC named Rodrik) got hit by an Acid Arrow, he wasn't damaged at all and the message showed up. This is weird because he doesn't have any resistances at all, and I even checked the .gam file with DLTCEP just to be sure.

No clue why he's randomly resisting some spells, but I do have a Wild Mage in my party. Could it be some sort of wild magic effect? I doubt it, but maybe. Otherwise it's just some weird bug I guess.

Screenshot of the event attached. I could attach a save game as well if requested.
Post edited by dib on

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited September 2013
    The level 1 mage spell shield makes the person immune to magic missile. But other than that it can be anything, Minor globe or such for acid arrow but you shouldn't get a message then saying immune.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, but it seems like he was immune to the damage, not the spell itself. And from what I could see he did not have either Minor Globe or Shield spell cast on him.
    Then it's probably a bug. What fight is that anyway? Is that only in BGEE or a mod?
    After your rep drops to a certain point (below 3 I think) Flaming Fist will pop up when you walk on certain triggers in populated areas. It's in both in BG:EE and the original game. My protagonist is a Chaotic Evil Wild Mage, so you know, accidents happen... ;)
    Yes, those cows are very dangerous....
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Are you playing below core difficulty? I swear I've seen that message occasionally when the difficulty-adjusted damage gets to zero.
    @CamDawg Oh, seems you're right. I lowered it to learn some spells without any hassles and forgot to turn it up again... duh! Sorry, I guess that must be it.