Skip to content

What would be your candidates for EEs?

XanarXanar Member Posts: 96
I'd love to see HaulBeam/OverDog become a new subsidiary so they could produce new games without restrictions, but if they're going to continue to remake games, I'd love to see a Fallout/Fallout2:EE. PST:EE has been mentioned, any other ideas?

Disclaimer: No canines were harmed in this posting; the beams were painted Styrofoam.

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Icewind dale would be nice to see a remake of, but i can't really see what they could improve without changing the core of the game.

They shouldn't touch Torment except perhaps improve gameplay and graphic.

The one game i would love to see them remake would be Lionheart. That game is a clear 9/10 when it comes to the first part of the game, it's just sad that they kind of gave up when you got to the middle of the game. If they could remake Lionheart and make the rest of the game just as good as the start, it would be amazing.

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I think we have enough of these threads around here throughout the life of this forum. Could we get some links?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Wii sports :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ElessarElessar Member Posts: 44
    My vote for an updated and refurbished game that GOG hasn't made available would be Escape Velocity. I would call it a space RPG, but on the ship level, rather than the party level like Fallout
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I want OverBeam/Doghaul to remake Stronghold, the D&D version of Sim City/Civilization. And the Pool of Radiance games (SSI Gold Box versions).
  • XanarXanar Member Posts: 96
    edited September 2013
    @ChildofBhaal599, Yes, I did make an effort to find one that was for all possible games, but kept finding requests only for specific games. The forums are a bit sprawling these days. If a MOD wants to merge, that'd be good.

@SionIV IWD for sure and I couldn't agree more about PS:T. It was my 2nd experience with this genre and one of my all-time favorite games despite the kinda sad ending.

@CamDog, I for one, am completely surprised. :D

Two more I'd love to see finished/improved...
    Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption
    Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines
    Post edited by Xanar on
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    The dream is can have an Infinity Series Enhanced:
    Baldur's Gate
    Baldur's Gate 2
    IceWind Dale
    IceWind Dale 2
    PlaneScape Torment

Besids this road map would make a even better support for all this title:

BG2EE will make a better BGEE
    ICWD will make a better BG2EE and BGEE
    Etc....
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Pool of Radiance 2
    Bloodlines only needs an updated game engine to run on. Not a beta version of the Source engine like its using. Otherwise its perfect.
    Have Icewind Dale use the BG2EE game engine, nothing else. Another perfect game as is basically.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Just please don't touch Torment.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

Pool of Radiance 2
    Bloodlines only needs an updated game engine to run on. Not a beta version of the Source engine like its using. Otherwise its perfect.
    Have Icewind Dale use the BG2EE game engine, nothing else. Another perfect game as is basically.

And the last third of the game done well, instead of just a mindless killing field after a mindless killing field after a mindless killing field.

So, Bloodline seconded. Along with Arcanum and Temple of Elemental Evil.
    Everything Troika put out was amazing in most parts and absolute crap on the QA department.
    Arcanum and ToEE!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    System Shock 2! Can't happen though, given that the rights are owned by 2 different companies who are in dispute. I am well aware it's considered overrated, but I really enjoyed it and still have a fully modded version on this laptop.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    BG2 is enough.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    A similar thread

OK you're all throwing out suggestions, and some of them don't make any sense.

Overhaul is a company which buys the rights to, and source code for a game. Probably a windows game, because DOS source code is worthless. You don't overhaul that, you recode from scratch.

Beamdog/Overhaul is in direct competition with Valve/Steam. They both mostly do content delivery, and also code a couple of games themselves.

Valve is huge. If you log into steam, you can see the number of people currently logged in. The graph shows a regular cycle that goes from 3.5 to 6 million every 24-hours. On Sunday it hit 7M. One of the things they did to get people to join was make Team fortress & now DOTA free to play, and give away the source game engine.

Beamdog shouldn't take those numbers as a negative thing, more of an indication of the size of the market. So what strategy can they use to take some market share away from Valve?

Well Valve isn't in the business of fixing old or buggy games. You get the latest official patch, and you hope for the best. Often that's good enough. You can mod the games yourself, but then you need to set steam not to keep the game up to date.

Beamdog/Overhaul probably don't want to be in the 'overhauling' business either, but suggesting Beamdog start delivering community fixes as part of their service is possibly the best way to freak out their legal team. It's a lovely solution for an ideal world, not suitable for this one.

So if I can place my vote, it is for Age of Pirates: City of abandoned ships. It's a sailing RPG, vanilla is so buggy it's basically unplayable, however there are TWO huge community mods which render it excellent, and best of all, it is completely impossible to buy ANYWHERE, apart from a couple of DVD's on Amazon, but only in America, nothing in Europe; alternatively you can subscribe to the Gametap premium pack for $10/month, but then you have to play the buggy vanilla version.

OK I realize you're never gonna overhaul this game, but please at least distribute it through Beamdog yeah?

Pretty please?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    SionIV said:

Icewind dale would be nice to see a remake of, but i can't really see what they could improve without changing the core of the game.

Simply changing it to use the BG2/BGEE engine would be a huge improvement.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I would love to see Castles/Castles II revamped. Other than that, I don't know. Fallout and PS:T would be high on my wishlist.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    SionIV said:

Just please don't touch Torment.

Not the plot or characters, certainly, but I'd love to see it get Beamdog's updated Infinity Engine. Much like BG 1 and 2, I've had problems getting Icewind Dale and Torment to work on newer systems.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    CamDawg said:

Is anyone going to be surprised when I say Icewind Dale? Because I'm going to say Icewind Dale.

I second this.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Icewind Dale 2 EE with npc companions would be legendary.
    Yes, Icewind Dale. That alone may get me interested in doing my Return to the North mod.

Pool of Radiance 2

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    zerckan said:

Icewind Dale 2 EE with npc companions would be legendary.

IWD 1-2 has some very decent npc mods that you can download, a full party that you can tailor for you own adventure. with banters/romance and all.... only tried that IWD1 mod but I managed to finish the game with it.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Thing is, I believe that the Icewind Dale games are perfect the way they are. Especially the first one.
    The graphics are gorgeous, portraits are gorgeous, engine works perfectly, it supports higher resolutions (to a point).
    There really isn't that much you can add in IWD1. And it doesn't really "need" an Enhanced Edition.

Planescape Torment on the other part does. It looks outdated it's menus etc look like they are from the DOS era almost. Exaggerating a bit.

It could really use an engine facelift at least. Menus need to be updated. The UI also.
    Would prefer if they didn't add new companions etc but they could include new quests or tattoos for example.

If nothing else, it should be made to run and play smoothly on modern systems.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Adventures of Robin Hood. I really loved that game back in the day.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Heroes of Might and Magic 3. That game needs HD revision though.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Motherfuggin' Pong.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Archaos said:

Thing is, I believe that the Icewind Dale games are perfect the way they are. Especially the first one.
    The graphics are gorgeous, portraits are gorgeous, engine works perfectly, it supports higher resolutions (to a point).
    There really isn't that much you can add in IWD1. And it doesn't really "need" an Enhanced Edition.

What about missing sprites?
    Broken dual-wielding?
    First icewind dale had many failed parts.
    In fact it needs an EE more than others.
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    Eye of the beholder 1,2,&3. One and two were some of the most gripping games I've played. I only started three I think I was worn out after hardly sleeping through 1 and 2 and saw my chance to escape in the forest area at the start of 3.