Skip to content

So yeah, lightsabers could be a real thing

2»

Comments

• DancingBugbearDancingBugbear Member Posts: 118
    @Magnus_Grelich
    That's precisely the issue. It's not something that needs to be drodgled on about. It's not an amountable issue.
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    No, that has not answered my question... which leads me to conclude that if there is anyone trolling here, it's you.
    @Magnus_Grelich You don't seem to have a question, unless that there's nothing to continue comment about.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @gcg there was no hard object. The real news is that photons interact in a previously unseen way and can form "photonic molecules". This has never been observed in any other conditions including in solids. From your reactions I doubt you read the article I linked.

Lasers are also used in very low temperature experiments to further *reduce* temperature as some types can minimise particle vibrations (and hence temperature.

Half of what you say indeed does not seem to relate to the topic at all, and a lot of it is quite confrontational. While I'm a big fan of going off-tiopic, let's keep it civil.
    @Corvino If the atoms are held in place, they'll make a ridgid form, or else they'll fall apart when they come by anything. Light could be used to initiate a heat reducing reaction, but they it adds heat to the system. It was refering to photons relating to atoms, not photons making molecule, that's out of their size scale. Jabbing supper heated beams into things doesn't seem very nice. Use frost shield on it, and get it away.
    Just read the second article I linked, everything you raised is answered in it.
    If you mean that the things I described were in it, then yes. It's basically a form of stationary atom. A slight disruption would disperse them. Photons effect the behaviour of electrons in atoms. Photons leave atoms. You're not necessarily talking about a burning stick now, but what could happen with a puff of smoke. The blurred image here can be left.
    edited October 2013
    The only point being made and the only thing I asserted was that 2 photons have been observed in close proximity and interacting with each other. This is not normal observed behaviour for photons. They normally do not interact. Photons interacting at this scale could concievably imply that they can be made to interact on a larger scale.

It's not all lightsaber duels yet, but it is something new.

Edit- wasn't paying attention to my subatomic particles
    Post edited by Corvino on
    edited October 2013
    You seem to mean photons (sp. protons). Photons go in molecular masses, and different amounts of photons go in differently. This glowing cudgel is past it's duration length.
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    gcg said:

This mixes up bright sticks with hot plasma or gas.

A hot stick could do the same thing. You could make it fold up, so it's extendible from a small handle.

True, but a hot stick isn't as shiny unless you're using magnetic induction. Plus, a hot stick isn't nearly as stoopid, making it much less entertaining.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    So, errr... Light sabers! Real light sabers! :D
    edited October 2013
    Put some glowing glue on your foil, and you should have some.
    Post edited by DancingBugbear on
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @DancingBugBear: I should actually totally do that. Thanks for the suggestion. Yet it wouldn't be the same as the 'real' thing... :p
    Blowtorch, or sharp blade, or fragmentation explosive. They would do the same thing.