Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2 - Duergar Stronghold What Triggers Hostility?

VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic
It's been a decade since I played Icewind Dale 2 seriously. I recently arrived at the Deurgar Stronghold with my latest party and Role Playing as I do with my characters, I helped the Duergar up to the point where they asked me to kill the monks (my friendly druids would never do such a thing for no good reason). Anyway, I went exploring the stronghold a bit, I believe I ignored the dungeons (the only place I was told to leave be), I talked to Harhord Dorm I believe, turned around, walked down the hall passed the commander, and all of a sudden one of the bolters in the barracks fired a shot at me as I walked by and everyone in the barracks went hostile. Seconds later the entire stronghold went hostile.

What in blue blazes did I do? I know they're Duergar, but come on! :)
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    You refused to help them...you agreed to help Duergar, but refused to kill the monks. They are Lawful, and you broke your word to them. Shame on you. >.>
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    That bolter probably slipped. Then they all slipped. Oops.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564

You refused to help them...you agreed to help Duergar, but refused to kill the monks. They are Lawful, and you broke your word to them. Shame on you. >.>

They didn't attack me until a good 5 minutes after I refused to help.
    Amberion said:

That bolter probably slipped. Then they all slipped. Oops.

That seems most likely :D The end result (since I didn't feel like reloading and losing a good 10 minutes) was a Duergar Strongh--grave :)
    Night_Watch
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I think that looting certain containers will turn them hostile. And I think IWD2 is like BG in that even if you loot a container when no one can see you, they will sometimes 'catch you stealing' when they come into view of the container.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    @TJ_Hooker I am thinking that is what happened then, in which case they set me up :P I ask for mining equipment, they say: Go to the store room and grab it.

I went to the store room and grabbed it, and a lot of other things, but they still had a HUGE delay on the whole turning hostile thing.

Oh well, I got a lot of mean loot out of it :)