Skip to content

Question about an invisible discussion

FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic
DId the "Portraits vs P(o ) ( o)rtraits" just disappeared or is it my lack of search abilities?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It was removed. Here is the notice that Posted in it about an hour before I removed it:
    I don't know how this thread has managed to survive this long, but these forums do have a very clear "PG-13" policy. I'm posting this here so that you know why it's closed; I'll be removing it completely in a couple of minutes.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    Thanks for the info, I guess it had it coming but it was still a fun thread. Dunno how long it's gonna survive in Google cache so is it ok if I download it from the Gcache and post a link on these forums?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    No, downloading and linking to removed content defeats the purpose of removing it in the first place.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    It's not like I'm gonna miss that topic. Women are already being sexualized enough as it is in fantasy art and games.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    edited October 2013

It's not like I'm gonna miss that topic. Women are already being sexualized enough as it is in fantasy art and games.

You can't sexualize a species that has sexual behavior in its core, you could possibly sexualize amoebas who multiply by binary fission, otherwise It's like saying potatoes are being too foodized in our society.

Edit: But this is a bit off-topic.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The point of the thread had become of about satirising or mocking the rather cleavage-centric nature of fantasy art @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud. Some of @Lady_Rhian's captions for images were bloody funny and spot-on in their entirely legitimate criticisms.
    TJ_Hooker
    The thread was removed because some of the images posted contained nudity. That it was also (at least at first) a breeding ground for the objectification of women was secondary.

If people want to start a new thread for appreciating fantasy art, I would ask that it be handled with a little bit more tact. I can't require that, but I can require that people not post nude pictures there.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Fredjo: 'Sexual behaviour in its core'? What do you mean with that? Are you saying that basically women being sexual beings (that in itself can be questioned already) means they automatically have to be sexualized as well? It's not because we bear babies that every woman needs to bare her boobs on posters, you know.
    I think this thread has served its purpose, and it looks like it has the potential to cause some problems, so I'm going to close it.

If anyone has any questions about why the thread was removed, feel free to send me a PM.
This discussion has been closed.