Skip to content

Paladin level

I have yet another dummy question. Der.

I just finished BG:EE with an 8th level Berserker and have started again with an Inquisitor. I'm trying to duo as much as I can with only Imoen as company before picking up a healer. Can Paladins reach level eight as well? Will I have to run around doing damn near everything to reach max level?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Paladins reach level 8 at 150,000 experience. You won't have to run around and do everything in order to get to level 8 but you will have to do a high percentage of the quests.
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    A berserker inquisitor... That may actually be viable, RP-wise... Goes into a rage and condemns everybody to the stake.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Paladins (Especially Inquisitors) are very powerful in BG1/BG:EE and once you hit level 6-7 the game is pretty much a breeze, you don't even need to reach level 8 (150 000 experience).
  • JeivarJeivar Member Posts: 53
    Thanks, folks.
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    If you duo you will hit 150.000 xp rather quickly.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    There is around 1 000 000 - 1 200 000 experience in BG1/BGEE so even with a 6 man party you'll be able to max out everyones experience without trouble.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    pekirt said:

A berserker inquisitor... That may actually be viable, RP-wise... Goes into a rage and condemns everybody to the stake.

I don't think he ment he's playing a dual class but a new charname (inquisitor). Unless you were just speculating in which case I agree with you :)
  • JeivarJeivar Member Posts: 53
    edited October 2013
    IkMarc said:

If you duo you will hit 150.000 xp rather quickly.

Yes, I'm already at level four with Immy and my Inquisitor, with naught but potions and Cure Light Wounds to sustain us in the field and I still haven't done the Nashkel mines. It's all surprisingly easy when you know the game fairly well.
    I got a free suit of plate mail off of that Flaming Fist dude who was attacking Viconia (since you can kill him without Reputation loss :) ), rushed Bassilus among his skeletons, cut him down and ran away with his holy symbol under hails of fire, etc . . .
    But I DO plan to give the new monk NPC and some of the old ones I never tried a chance.
  • ZaaryZaary Member Posts: 7
    I solo with a Cavalier dual wield and reach lvl 8 just before Davaeorn. Pretty easy game with this kit...