Skip to content

Transfer NPC Stats for BG2:EE

SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
Pretty simple stuff, here. I have always used Tutu and not BGT simply because I hadn't known about BGT, but one feature I've heard BGT brings to the table is keeping stats of NPCs consistent between games. While this might be a bit of a downgrade for some NPCs like Minsc who was thoroughly upgraded in BG2, I think it makes the presence of BGEE's stat tomes more interesting. Although I typically spend the stat tomes on any character who will benefit them, the vast majority of players expend them only on CHARNAME. This is boring, and detracts from replayability. Will some people still horde all the tomes for CHARNAME? Probably. For some, though, this will change minds. For my benefit, I usually toss all the Wisdom tomes onto the Druid or Cleric in my party in BGEE. When I pick up Jaheira or Viconia in BG2EE, I'd like to see that decision reflected.

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Just want to say that when i play BGT i pick the option that everyone in BG1 get their BG2 attribute line. That way Jaheira is 15/17/17 in BG1 and when i give her the tomes and she carries over to BG2 she'll still be improved.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I suppose that would be fine, too, @SionIV, if that's what it takes to satisfy the "don't change original content" clause. As long as stat tomes and any other permanent character changes are reflected, such as the level one chose to dual Imoen, if at all, that would be to my liking.