Skip to content

Make easy to buy Beamdog products

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
Hi, this request is very pratical indeed, what i want is a easier way to brought Beamdog products.

To buy the pre-order i had to stay 1hour in my bank today scheduling the use of international functions of my credit card, i already spoke with my account manager and there gonna be additional fees over the purchase based on dollar variance.

Can't Beamdog negotiate a representative brazilian bank to make the sales here? Or open an legal entity to open a top domain .br to make those sells? Even if cost more that could allow many others means of pay, as direct debit, bank bill and others.

I believe that in fact many ppl here would like this for their respective countries. I say this cos, if i have to spend 1 hour to make international purchases or pay a huge tax for each micro purchase i make i will just give up any purchase that's not a game itself (no DLCs).

Comments

• agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    I'm brazilian, and just bought easily using paypal.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    i don't use paypal (in fact i don't know how), maybe i shoud check it.
  • TheSkrinTheSkrin Member Posts: 11
    My credit card wasn't getting accepted, so I created a Paypal account and made the purchase. Whole process only took a few minutes. I recommend it if you like things easy.
  • tpowltpowl Member Posts: 35
    kamuizin/ you've been (to be honest) beating around the bush. That's what paypals are for..
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    That is main reason we added Paypal as an option.

-Trent
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2012
    I'm in Egypt, PayPal wouldn't even work here. Luckily I'll be using the Mac app store and iTunes store, works perfectly, and no extra fees. :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    My bank allows me to make temporary debit cards for use in online shopping.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited August 2012
    Paypal is the only option for me too. And I´ll create an account for BGEE and BG2EE alone no doubt very soon.
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    edited August 2012
    i used my VISA directly on beamdog page without any problems (i'm from Slovakia, the heart of Europe)
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,422
    Paypal? *shudders*

http://www.lovemoney.com/news/money-saving-tips-bargains-and-freebies/shopping/13325/the-dangers-of-using-paypal

And that's not all. Paypal is also known for removing accounts if they consider those accounts breach their policy. One day, Paypal decided that 18+ sites aren't part of their policy, and revoked all accounts related to 18+ sites. Guess where the money on those accounts ended up.

Stay clear of Paypal if you can.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Stay clear of everything if youre paranoid !!!

Dudes & Dudetts.. c´mon. nothing in this world is safe....
  • john_boyjohn_boy Member Posts: 18
    Same issue here with credit card (UK), don't want to have to open/manage a PayPal account (additional potential attack vector)
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @John_boy It used to be the case that you could make a payment using paypal without making a paypal account, has this changed? (I have no problem with paypal and it is used by loads of companies)
  • john_boyjohn_boy Member Posts: 18
    Moomintroll - thanks didn't know you could do that :)