Skip to content

How will multiplayer be handled?

jarabluejarablue Member Posts: 4
I have the steam version of BGEE and am going to get BG2EE when it comes out on steam also. Will I have any problems joining/browsing multiplayer games having bought the steam version? Also is beamdog going to host all the mp games? How is this going to work?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    As I understand all versions will connect with all versions (though I suspect games will have to be patched to the same levels). I think Beamdog is creating some sort of lobby - other than that the host actually hosts the game itself.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    If you've ever played torchlight 2 the multiplayer will work sort of like that.

So lets say you and me want to play multiplayer. I make the game and then you can basically go into a screen that shows all the ongoing multiplayer games and then enter mine (I can choose to add a password to my game and label it as I want).

You will need the same version number and the same mods installed (if there are any).

So Beamdog won't be hosting the MP games. Their servers will just be handling the initial connections.