Skip to content

Portraits from Icewind Dale etc

Just today I was thinking how good it would be to have many more portrait choices for BG2 Enhanced. Is there any prospect of the portraits being taken from the Icewind Dale I & II games and made available for BG2 Enhanced? Lots more choice would be great!

Comments

• CrawleyCrawley Member Posts: 74
    I can answer that question: no due to copyrights.
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    Copyright's a b@$&*.... But you will find a lot of custom portraits in the forum if you look around. People had even pooled their portraits in a google drive (sorry, can't remember or find the link).
  • Vaughann722Vaughann722 Member Posts: 4
    Is it uneconomical to pay for those rights? Diversity could be good if it didn't break the bank.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I don't see why they couldn't put some fanart into the game. That would be cool
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Lots of work getting permission etc.
    It's already really easy to add custom portraits. If you want IWD portraits google for them download resize and done.
  • Vaughann722Vaughann722 Member Posts: 4
    Maybe a fan art competition; The best wins a prize; and other really good submissions go into the game... But I guess they'd have to be quick about it with one month to go...
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738

Maybe a fan art competition; The best wins a prize; and other really good submissions go into the game... But I guess they'd have to be quick about it with one month to go...

All this seems to me like lot of work for very little benefit. As others have already said it's very easy to find and add more portraits into the game by yourself.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459

A fan-art competition that promises including content on the game is at best, very very very risky. There's a considerable chance that none of the entries would fit quality standards.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    They could reserve the right to alter the winning portrait(s) as laid out in the contest rules. Worst case scenario, they have to hire a professional artist or two to do serious work on the contest winners.