Skip to content

Oublek thinks I'm honest

HuntHunt Member Posts: 27
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Expected behavior: He thinks I'm Greywolf and offers me coin.

Actual behavior: Ahh, my fine and honest friend. What can I do for you today?

New game, single player, first time in Nashkel. Me, Imoen, and Neera. First time I've talked to him.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    are you a female? i think you need a male to talk to him first
  • HuntHunt Member Posts: 27
    That's what it was. Doh.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Sounds like a but to me, anyway...
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    This bugged out on me in Steam Windows v1.2 just now as well.

Repro:
    I'm playing a female wild mage with Neera in my party (2 characters total)

I entered Nashkel from the Carnival, arriving on the east side of the Nashkel map.

I walked across to where Minsc is, and then proceeded up to the Mayor. Spoke to the Mayor

Walked back down to Oublek, who did the usual "Greywolf, you have returned" dialog, and I informed him I wasn't greywolf and received the +1 reputation.

I then did a few more things around Nashkel (the encounter in the inn, looted the ankheg armor, sold stuff at the shop etc), then travelled to high hedge and shopped there.

Then I returned to Nashkel to pick up Minsc and begin his quest, but then I realised I had sold all the good gear he might need for the quest.

So I loaded to an earlier save, in Beregost, before I'd even done the areas south of Beregost on the way to the Carnival etc. I did not quit the game and load etc, just a straight load game from the current game I was in.

When I returned to Nashkel eventually, and spoke to Oublek, he didn't do the greywolf lines, but went straight to the "my honest friend, you have returned" and I got no reputation reward.

I tried reloading from auto save and from quicksave etc, but it didn't help.

I've attached my savegame from the West side of the Carnival map, just enter Nashkel from there and you will see that I've explored down to where Minsc is, but not been to Oublek yet.

Speak to Oublek and you should get the "honest friend" dialog.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Faydark that happens a lot, happened to me with a female Blade (bard kit) yesterday, as I am playing good I replied that I wasn't Greywolf, and either way I don't care since I am making my Reputation higher by one point.
    @CrevsDaak what worries me is that the dialog was fine for the very first time I spoke to Oublek on that playthrough, but wasn't working correctly after reloading from an earlier save and continuing. It's like the reload didn't reset his variables or something, and so they were saved in all subsequent saves as "initial dialog has been done".
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Faydark Oh, I didn't knew that, I have an old version, v1.0.2012.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    If you have a male in your party you get the greywolf speech no matter who actually talks with Oublek.
    No male in my party, just my female charname and Neera.

Definitely something going on with it ;)
    @Balquo Ah, I have figured out what the deal was with my savegame: I had picked up Minsc, which triggered the greywolf dialog option. But after reloading my earlier save and ignoring Minsc, I got the "honest friend has returned" dialog.

I still think that is a bug, because as far as the game is concerned (after reloading from an earlier save), I've never spoken to Oublek, so the "you have returned" dialog makes no sense.

A new dialog should probably be added to deal with this case.